1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Help on odo

Yes, how much ever the ODO is tampered, the ECU has the real stored ODO reading.

You can make this out in two minutes of connecting the examiner or to Fiat Multi ECU Scan. Rajan showed this to us while we were trying to enable CC.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Was the Engine cold when you were hearing the engine noise ? If so let the car idle for 5 mins, then take the car for a spin and then come back and check the engine noise. It should be way less than the initial engine noise. One of the basic Thumb Rule before getting a second hand car is --> Service History if ASS ifs a networked CRM( Maruthi, Hyundai.....). Service History in all the Authorised Service centres in the city if there is no Networked CRM( Chevy...).
  3. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

patiala
    Thanku ol just got to know that the car on offer had met wid accident and had some issues so it is on sale and thats why dropped the plan of second hand and uncle booked a new punto active minimal grey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Help on odo

Congrats! 2nd hand vehicles always require severe scrutiny and analysis. Good you went for a new one.
  5. Steering Vibrations at low speed

Hi Team,

I have Punto Diesel 2012 dynamic. The steering is vibrating a lot and even at very low speeds. I noticed that the steering kind of moves a bit when I am moving as slow as 10 KPH. I took my vehicle to KHT Fiat service center in Bangalore today and they told me that the tyres needed to be replaced and the Rims are bent so the rims would also need a replacement. My stock 165/80 Goodyear have done 31K+ and I know that I need to change the tyres. I thought Rims can be straightened out and there would not be a need to change the RIMS. Is this true?

I am a bit short on cash now and can not go for Tyre and RIM replacement at the same time. In fact, I will go for the front 2 tyre replacements only. Would the vibration go away with the Tyre replacements or do you think that there might be some other underlying issue?

Thanks.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest visit some good tyre center (Madhus or Millivisons) and get Rims straightened.

If tyres are gone, change it, or swap it. Better to change tyres all at same time. May be you can drive few more and then get it replaced all at once.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did KHT swap tyres and wheels from another car and take a test drive?

I hope they did that to totally rule out any other cause behind the vibes.
  8. Ravi, thanks for the quick response. Do you think that the issue could be resolved with change of tyres or straightening of Rims?

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Gurjinder: no Bro, they asked one of their guys to take a test drive and then checked the car after raising it on lift.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't know the exact reason, but good idea to get rims checked outside.
    Else, as Gurjinder suggested above, one need to swap tyres with other tyre to verify the exact cause.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do one thing. Get the tyre-swap thing done at KHT this weekend and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, your rims/tires will be the culprit.

Steering shaking at a low 10kmph just doesn't feel like bent rims. The rims would have to be bent massively to cause such a high degree of vibration at such a low speed.