1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    I will go to office on Monday. lets see how it behaves, but touching 25 KM/L is a normal when the road is smooth and my rpms are approx 1600-1800 with minimum brakes and constant speed.

Moreover as a driving best practice, it is important to see the traffic far, if u can see there is a pile up approx 1 km from your location, then u can reduce the gear and move ur vehicle to lower speed in order to reduce the immediate brake press. This way acceleration and deceleration would be smooth and thus less fuel burning.

Always maintain constant speed, this way the fuel consumption is reduced and average increases.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

@hellovineet - Not sure if you are complaining or not. Your opening post sounded as if you are confused with the high MID readings, but the latest one seems to give out driving tips. If in reality, you are following what you have advised above, then I am 100% sure that your MID is accurate :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I believe owns hellovineet owns a 1.4 petrol Punto. I have not heard of a 27kpl average on a petrol Punto previously. Sounds to good to be true !
  4. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

Help on odo

Hey al fiatins neer your help.A few days back my uncle decided for a diesel hatch but due to budget constraints he opted for pre used vehicle and me being a fiat fan and enthusiast advised him for Punto and he liked it and came across many second hand puntos. Out of which we came across a black punto whose exteriors and interiors were gud and 2011 manufactured! But the issue that rised was its engine sound which was too much and odo read 9600 km so my ques is it possible in punto to delete readings of odo ?? As the owner is demanding more due to kms run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Help on odo

Any ODO can be tampered with.

Check the service and insurance history, should give a good picture. Check tyre wear, body panels.
    1 person likes this.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes, Service history and Insurance history will give you clear picture about the car as said By DRIVER. DO ask them if they had bought the extended warranty also as it will be a plus for you.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shubham, ask the owner to show you the service history. Or its better to visit Sandeep Autos, Patiala or any other nearby FIAT service center and check the service history of the car there by giving details of the car registration number (e.g. PB 11 AB 1234)
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Odo reading can be easily tampered in any car.if u buying used car check the service records Kms, compare and then buy.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

its possible to tamper the odo, no doubt in that. Suggest you check the service records from the workshop where the car was serviced, talk to Insurance to find out if there are any accident claims, get hold of an experienced or known mechanic to find out any further issues with the car.

BTW what variant is the Punto which you have zeroed on? Whats the price expected by the seller? Since its 2011 model, you can safely assume that a depreciation of 30% of the current showroom cost of the variant, anything more is too much to ask - look elsewhere. Anything else is a bonus.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Engine sound need not necessarily be related to the amount of km's run. PaddleShifter's Punto completed 67,000 km's yesterday and it's sounding better than ever. Infact older engine do quiet down a bit.

If the overall condition of the car is fine and points to 9600km usage, then it should be fine. As pointed, check whether it has been serviced as per schedule or not.

Yes odo readings can be altered. I remember Aniket mentioning something about the readings in the BCM or ECU not being able to reduce and can only increased , which can be read only via OBD. Will ask him to chime in here.