1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Sorry my mistake, engine was running but on accelaration i didnt see the rpm raising, Accelaration didnt have any effect i felt accelarator as dumb.
    As soon as i shift to first it was fine.
  2. No way taco meter can show 0 RPM other than engine stalled or Switched off.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I think you mean : You were trying to move a stationary car loaded with 5 persons in 2nd gear from 0 kmph. Is this what you were trying to do?

If that is the case, I won't be much surprised if it doesn't pull in 2nd gear. The 1st gear is there for a reason - to get the car moving from stationary. Use it.
  4. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

May be I am not clear with what I said.

It was bumper to bumper traffic and I started moving car slowly in first gear, As soon as the people ahead started moving faster i shifted to second gear.

I shift to second usually when RPM reads 2-2.5 in first gear.
    As soon as i shift to second , The car doesn't continue its movement and it slows down.

Neither the engine revs on pressing accelartor.

Just to make it more clear I will give step by step what i tried

1. Started car from stalled position and slowly moved in first gear.
    2. On reaching certain speed, shifted to second
    3. The car Started slowing down. with half clutch pressed accelarator but no result.
    4. The car came to stop, but still in second gear, with full clutch depressed, Pressed accelarator, I expected engine to Rev and RPM to increase but it didnt happen.

But this is not consistent.
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    This sounds strange as this is the gear I use in most bumber to bumber traffic.
    Does it happen consistently or only sometimes?
    Also did you tried to accelerate the car with different clutch ratios like (1/4th, 3/4th, little less than full, full etc) when you were in second gear?
    Does you car behaves like this only in 2nd gear? Did you try 3rd gear directly after reaching a certain rpm in first gear?
    Also try same situation with little lesser loads like 1 or 2 person on-board and see what happens.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You mean engine dying gradually .

Fuel adulteration, to suspect.
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Its not consistent.
    I haven't tried shifting from 1st to 3rd any time so far. May be next time i will
    I tried almost all clutch combinations If I keep it in half clutch, car takes some time and picks up later.

Car behaves this way only in 2nd gear not in any other gear .

With lesser load I have observed, but not as frequently as yesterday. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

May be , but I am regular at shell. I rarely or never use any other petrol pump :) unless its really urgent
  8. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Quite confusing. Earlier I suspected that Clutch / Gear Cable could be an issue but from your response it is not very clear.
    Sometimes, the quoted linear power delivery of FIAT cars plays havoc when you need them most, especially on full load.
    It will be a good idea to get it checked thoroughly in Service Center and get it corrected.
  9. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

Punto 1.3 mjd mileage

Hey all first of all srry if dis thread doesnt mean to be here but I seriously need help from you
    I bought my Punto 1.3 mjd on 11th august 2013
    And till date travelled 1200 kms in it but every time I check the fuel consumption it shows around 14.6-15.5 kmpl. Also the car is july manufactured. I am worried with these figures or is it Ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

If this is within city limits driving figures, then its OK. Take it on a highway and see the figures jump to 18+. A lot of factors go into the mileage acheived by the car - driving style, fuel quality, tyre presssure etc. Let the engine get free and then maybe you can see the mileage rise. Do you follow the tankful to tankful method for calculating the average?