1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Rajan, what i meant was. I did some research and found that hand brake only engages the rear drum brake. when we use the brake pedal it mostly used the front disk brakes. So was just wondering why the disk brake gave up. Anyways another two incidents happened after this(without hand brake of-course). brake gave up again. Also everytime this happens the car is almost at stop and just in 1st gear and brake wouldn't kick in the first time and if i press again it just kics in. I was paranoid and went to the service station. Did some research only. Service guy suggested to replace the brakepad and front diskcs as they were alsmost end of life. (i'd say it'd have still come for about 10k). Anyways i didn't want to take any chance.
    replaced the front disk/brake, Did the brake bleeding(service guy said its not required but i insisted as i suspected air in brake like(online research info) and changed brake oil. Service guy checked the rear brakes and said its alright and did some maintenance work (like putting some anti rust spray). Changed the front headlamps. Wanted to put a new wheel cap for one of the wheel(300 bucks). Total bill came up to INR 9100.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Varin,

I didn't get any burning smell. And the funny thing is I felt some resistance but when i drove with hand brake on i had loaded 4 people in car. When i felt the resistance i thought since there were 4 people thats it was just slow pick up( i thought this is what people meant by turbo lag). Incident happened when only my friend was beside me but for some reason i thought its just the way the car is. this is my first time driving you see and i couldn't tell the difference.
    And just another thing. i FEEL car's first gear is irritating( i don't if its the same with every other car as i have not drivie any other. forget about my training i ididn't know wheter i was controller the car or my coach). You can just move the car for about 10 metres with 1st gear. Imagine you have to move about 20 meters in busy traffice. Do you guys move the first 10 metrs in first gear and then switch to second after that and come back to 1st for the stop. Please advise.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I change immediately to second if the traffic is moving.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its good you have replaced the brake fluid. Most probably it was causing problems. See when you drove with handbrake on rear brake drums generated heat high enough to boil brake fluid in rear cylinder and pipe causing formation on bubbles and when fluid cooled down the it again went compressible but that air remained inside the pipes.
    From now on always remember if you hear a chime by MID there is something wrong in car always stop and have a look.
    Sometimes even drivers with healthy driving experience too forget removing hand brake. My dad drove Daewoo Matiz with handbrake on for more than 100kms which resulted in engine overheating and coolant all over the engine. Head gasket and complete rear drum assembly had to be changed to cure problem.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Hi, I too got Extended Warranty FOC when i purchased my car in 2010. But off late I have been facing difficulty in getting the faulty items replaced under extended warranty. When I called Fiat Helpline, they said that as per their system records extended warranty for my car is not listed. Has anyone faced similar issue? </SPAN>
  5. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Hi, Has anyone fitted Sunglass holder in Punto? Can we install Linea sunglass holder in punto ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. IMG_20130810_172251.jpg

I have installed this in Punto active. The holes were there already, in fact its a easy job and i did it myself.

Buy the complete set listed here to fit it.

Sunglass Holder for Fiat Linea
    5 people like this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    No issues, u produce the EW booklet with receipt (affixed in the EW booklet) and it should be enough.I had same issue when my Linea in EW and it got resolved easily after I produced the booklet.
  8. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    Thanks Chethansgangoor. Have you taken any snap taken while installing? Mine is 2010 Model car, not sure if the holes are already present. I would like to check if the holes are there in my car too.
  9. I did not take pics, mine is also a 2010 car.

What you can do is - just below the sun glass holder, slightly pull the rubber beading downwards so that it comes off from the metal part. Pull the roof lining a bit, if you see two holes there you are all set and can easily fit the sun glass holder.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I was looking from long time.... :)

Will be ordering this ASAP.... Thanks for the updating on forum.