1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Prash1407, let us meet up some where in the weekend, we will try driving each others cars.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U were into that habbit.
    i know for first 5K Kms you were snoozing the alarm ::D of MJD , its time now to wake up,let this know to your lazy MJD(tentative).
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Having driven her sedately all the while, probably you heard the MJD's roar while in the turbo band for first time. :D

If you really want to be sure, as Sat suggested, try driving another Punto back to back and observe the engine noise difference at various speeds.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for all the suggestion guys!!!.... Yes, I will now have to wake up the cheetah which was made lazy by me:evilsmile

Sure Sat, we can decide on the time when we are free on the weekend. Can you please PM me your number?
  5. Satish Devan

Satish Devan Timido

Bangalore
    Intermittent Spongy brake

Hello all, Would appreciate if anyone can shed their thoughts on this. After much trying i got myself a fiat punto 1.3 yesterday(used car, 2009 model). the only experience i have in driving is in the driving school which lasted about 10 hours. After i got the car yesterday i started driving and everything was fine for the first 50 kms. And then this started. I accidentaly drove the car for about 15 kms with the hand break partially engaged. The front instrument had a warning light and kept beeping every now and then. I didn't know why it was doing that. Anyways after about 15 kms suddenly brake wouldn't apply. it just had a spongy effect and didn't stop and it worked again after trying. just passed another 200 metres and same issue occurred and went and banged the jeep. Head lamps are gone. After the accident i fully lifted the hand brake to stop. the other guy was courteous enough to let me go without much hassle(i had the "L board" plus no damaged to his iron body jeep). Only after this i lifted the hand brake fully and the indicator had gone and no more beeps. thats when i realised i was driving with hand brake on all this while. Stupid me...i knew i was stupid ahhh but not to this extent. Anyways now i am scared to drive the car knowing when the brake will fail again. As anyone experience this and would really appreciate if you cuold shed some light. i have driven the car for about 25 kms after this and the issue hasn't occured but i don't know why the brake failed even if the hand brake is on.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maybe you have just fried the rear brake shoes.

15 km's with the handbrake on is enough to roast the brake shoes. Take it to the service centre and get everything looked at.

Cheers.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The brakes did not fail even if the hand brake was on. They failed because the hand brake was on.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    15Kms on handbrake, my god didn't u get some burning smell or felt hardness in driving and accelerating.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its remember me my old mistake, i was at learning phase and i mistakenly drove newly i10 with handbrake on for 3-4 kms and pointing continuously to my friend that pick up of this car is not good :p and when we smell something burning , i confidently telling to my friend that its a new car and thus the smell is coming due to engine getting warm n all and need not to be worry abt it.

Only after 3-4 kms at the parking lot i found that handbrake was on and i smartly settle everything and ask my friend to take your car as everything seems to be normal and i went away after bye bye and tata.

P.S. The newly hyundai i10 was belongs to one of my friend who himself was in learning phase :)
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey ALL,

Still waiting for the answer from you all. :)