1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    same thing came to my mind.

given that diesel is 0.85 kg/l, assuming 35 liters fuel capacity left, it would be a difference of 30 kgs from full tank.

Is that sufficient enough to feel substantial difference?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When i drive alone and when car loaded the mileage remains the same ::D
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    The power to weight ratio improvement is too less a difference considering the torque Linea MJD produces.
    I normally drive alone even, however with another person I hardly feel much difference.
    It's the throttle response which improves much more when I have less fuel, as if someone has opened the floodgate of abundant fuel.
    Also when this happens the mileage drops a bit, that may be due to my enthusiastic driving when my car becomes so responsive.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is the reason I suspect the fuel pump. Does not make much logical sense. Just a gut feel :D

Rajan
  5. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    In my second year they changed the fuels pump+fuel tank (under warranty+insurance) when tank was hit by something and a dent was formed.
    I became aware of this behavior only last year.
  6. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Engine noise at speeds over 95 kmph

Hi All,
    I have been finding a strange noise which is something like an additional strain is being applied on the engine, whenever I rev up and drive over 95 kmph. Mine is 6 month old and done around 6k kms. As per the suggestions during the initial drive, I never drove the car over 95 kmph and 2200 rpm for the first 5000 kms.

I never pondered on this sound since my understanding was that these speeds are new to the engine and it will take some time for the engine to accommodate to this. After the first service, I started revving the engine and have crossed 115 but I take care not to stay in a specific speed for more than 10 secs since I believe that the engine needs to adjust to all the various speeds and rev ranges.

Need an advice from all the experts here, is my understanding okay? Is this a point for me to worry or do I continue running the engines at those speeds for it to settle and get accustomed to this?
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You can try Indiamart. Change the city to yours.

Rajeev
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No reason why it should do that, really.

I can hardly feel any difference even with 4 passengers and luggage onboard or me alone.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't say for sure but I think the engine is just acting like a petulant child because you have not unleashed it's full potential for an astonishing 6000km's !! 6000 is a LOT. The break-in should be over by 1000-1500 max of all the components.

Whenever you go to the highway next, show it some high revs - let the engine open up. It seems to be just constrained for far too long like a bird in a cage.

Personally in my case, I felt the engine acting new and tight till 200 or so km's. After that I regularly took it to 3500rpm and didn't look back. :)

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  10. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have to accept that I was over-cautious during the drive in period. I was told to drive sedately for 3000 kms but I did it for 5000 kms.
    3500 rpm:eek:.... I have never crossed 2800...... I think I need to find a open stretch as early as possible to rev it.
    I hope this is not an issue for me to worry :confused: Do let me know if anything else needs to be followed for the car to come back to life.
    1 person likes this.