1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I always stayed in SC when my car used to be there.
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gear Lock in PUNTO

Hi All,

I have heard that the gear lock in PUNTO can only be fitted in Neutral gear. I don't think or no one care if this can only be done in Neutral gear.

So, is their any jugaad to have it in any forward/reverse gear.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I think this thread needs to be closed before FIAT stops FASS allowing us inside the service bays :)
  4. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    guys any body has any clue on what ever is talking on the above video. regarding the battery replacement.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    LOL :)...thats true.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    My Car drives best when I have less fuel

I have been experiencing a strange behavior for sometime now.
    When I have less fuel say 7-10 litre left my car, it drives the best. The NVH is less, pickup and power delivery becomes very smooth.
    I could not find any rationale behind this. May be the residual diesel is more pure ? But my knowledge says it should be the opposite
    i.e, in adulterated fuel the impurities should settle at the bottom, so this doesn't justify.

Then why my car feels much free revving while driving with less fuel ?
    Is there anything to do with the fuel pump which works smoother with less fuel in the tank ?
    Does it indicate some kind of problem in the fuel tank/pump etc ?

I like to know whether anyone experienced the same ?
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

My Linea feels the same irrespective of the amount of fuel present.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Where can i get a T45 torx bit spanner for cheap.

I have a force Ratchet kit similar to the one Sat linked above but it has bits only upto T40.

Both the brake calliper and the Engine oil drain bolt are T45. Who i get non socket/no ratchet type single pieces for T45?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Power to weight ratio change.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt that Sat. Here is my reasoning:

Tank capacity - 45 lts. If 10 lts are still left, then that is 35 lts less, a weight reduction of approximately 26 kg.
    Unladen weight of Linea MJD is 1185. Add 35 kg for a full tank. Then it would be 1220 kg. Power is 90 HP.
    So, the power to weight ratio would be 0.033 hp/kg
    From this if we reduce the weight of 35 lts, then the weight would be 1194 kg.
    The new power to weight ratio would be 0.034 hp/kg.
    I have not even considered the weight of the driver, as that is a constant :D

Would such a small difference be noticeable? I think the problem lies somewhere else. Fuel pump, maybe? Also, considering that he has been driving this car for 4 years now, I am sure he would have noticed this behaviour from day one, right?

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.