1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    Guys tanks for your help today I checked the battery and confirmed that it needs to be changed. while researching in net on the battery change, came across with the below video. in this he is taking about the memory saving while changing the battery. is this applicable for all vehicles while changing the battery? do we need to really worry about the IMO data loss? please advice .. Find the video below
    Automotive Battery Replacement - YouTube
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Are you with your car when it's in a Service Center?

I've always wanted to do that but the service centre people ask me to wait in the waiting lounge. I'm sure I've read some people proclaiming that they are with their car and overseeing the work being done.

Can I also stay with my car?
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I dont think you can litreally be beside your car all the time @ the service center, but if you have a good rapport with the SA and service engineers then you can be beside the car.
    I think being in the customer lounge and looking over what is done is good enough too, as long as you are looking at the car and dont get involved in reading the news paper or watching TV !!

Apart from this if you request the SA that you want to be there, they do allow.

Is there anything that do you want to do by staying with your car inside the service center?
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Recently i went to Vecto to get my door lock issue fixed. They had to change the lock part. So i requested SA and made myself presence there although the mechanic guys requested me to go to lounge, i insisted that ill stay there.
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    @zen: that is nice to hear

@raj29: The initial times I wanted to be there just to see if the work is properly done, but for the last service that I went, they broke the chrome strip and then attached it via fevi-kwik (which they also charged me), and that is why I don't trust them stupid retards anymore :|
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Yeah, its always good to be there at the service center.

Am there at every service of my ride wathing over the work done, sometimes from the customer lounge and sometimes besides the car.

Did you ask for the replacement of the broken chrome strip? what was their response?
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I noticed the car the next day, and by then it was too late and the service centre was about 20kms away, so had to let it go.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Except for Second service, i always made sure that i am at service bay when Engine oil + Filters were changed. In fact i have taken leave once to attend service.
    Now my Car's ODO is at 65000 kms .
    Result - Apart from normal service i never visited SC.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That sounds like a double-whammy. :mad:
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I was not so lucky, I had to visit the SC soon after I got the car as the O-ring was at fault.

I was furious at them but was too far away to do anything. It was the Oberoi Service Centre btw.