1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Punto - Issues faced and faults fixed

Cool! Did you get a chance to see how they cleaned the pollen filter? I would love to do that myself.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

yes i did... I know how to do it now.. But u need the tools... the only hardship is to remove the glovebox tray and once its out there are 3 little screws which needs to be released and you are good to go with the pollen filter... This one is for the EPk/Emotion versions.. i guess not the same for Active.. As the pollen filter is easily accessable on Ratan's Active varient...
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Wish-list Punto/Linea

Like already mentioned here, I would love to have a smaller turning radius!

Cheers,
    Vroom
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Issue - Some small irritating noise from rear side (Vroom you remember??)
    Service Station - Concorde Motors (dairy circle), Bangalore
    Fixed - First the SA couldn't understand. Then i took him for ~5KM drive. He was driving. He stopped the car each he could sense something. He tried everything, like removing all the tools from boot etc., but it was still coming. Then finally he understood, but didn't tell me as he was not sure. He told me he will get it fixed when i come for taking my car. They did actually fixed it, some loose connection was there for rear wiper relay.
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Oh yes I remember this Ravi. Good you put it in here, cause Anand Suthar and Andy are having the same sound that was there in your Punto.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Gotta know what the issue is now.... Both of us face the same issue... Now i know what to tell the SA to fix this...
  7. Punto CNG anyone???

Hi,

I want to know if there is any GP owner amongst us who has converted his GP to CNG.... I was reading this post on TBHP today (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...maruti-suzuki-ritz-petrol-cng-conversion.html) and i started wondering how will CNG perform on our cars.... I own 1.2 and my fuel bills are roughly 4-5k Per month(10K km completed in 6 months... :) ). Some quick calculations later, i figured out that i would end up spending only half as much if i switched to CNG and also, its installation costs would be recovered within a year's time. BUT more important than the financial gains is my GP's health. So please contribute any information that you all may have on this topic....
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Punto CNG anyone???

Last I remember, When the Punto sports (VGT MJD) was announced they had also displayed a 1.4 FIRE running on LPG.
    So I guess If you wait, an approved kit should be made available for the current owners... but you might need to wait..
    As the warranty will be in question if any modifications are made before the official kit is released.
  9. Re: Punto CNG anyone???

I doubt it will be made available anytime soon. A central locking system for GP active has been doing rounds since october but even today Fiat hasn't launched it officially. Plus the rubbish Palio gear box which has been fitted in GP hasn't been sorted out.... I guess this would be way down their pirority list... Anyways... I still hope to see more inputs from you guys....
  10. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Pune
    Re: Punto CNG anyone???

You can wait for 4 years till the extended warranty is over, after which you can fit a non-approved kit as well. Do they have company approved kits for Palio? If not, it is unlikely that they would release one for GP. Plus, my understanding is that one can not fit an LPG kit for a diesel vehicle, though I am not an expert in this field.