1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Need exprert advice.

How old is your car?
    check the battery condition.
  2. There will be solenoid switch that could be faulty,i had this kind of issue in M800.
  3. After reading Sumans and Rajan's post,i thunk we are discussing some features of ESP.
    Does EBD help in avioding fishtailing? If yes why there are ESP / traction control systems in cars like xuv or Laura?
    What is the diffrence between EBD and ESP.Most of the maruti showrooms post picture of car with and with out abs riding on curve.
    Accoring to an expert who works in brakes india,that picture is blatant lie,only ESP can achive that.

I am trying to understand this better hence pardon my articulation skills.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ABS: Antilock Brake System (or Anti-locking Brake System) - enables you to steer whilst keeping the brake pedal full on. Can be felt as a vibration through the pedal when it cuts in. Also useful in stopping in a straight line if one side is on slippery stuff and the other on grippy stuff (non-ABS will tend to spin).

EBD: Electronic Brake Distribution (or Electronic Brake-force Distributor) - alters how much of the brake force goes to the front and how much to the rear. Cars always have more braking on front as if the rears lock before the front then the car will spin. How much braking you can do with the rears depends on how much weight is in the vehicle so EBD dynamically adjusts this balance. Without it, the manufacturer sets up the balance so the rears don't lock when the vehicle is empty which is less braking than is possible when the vehicle is full.

ESP: Electronic Stability Program - senses when the car is about to go out of control and can apply an individual brake to a wheel to help avoid the spin. Will not totally prevent the spin but means that it takes more to lose control. Often also used to give traction control where brakes may be applied if a wheel begins to spin due to too much power for the grip. N.B. many cars have TCS (Traction Control System) without having ESP.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: How often did you sense ABS-EBD kicking in?

Im surprised that people don't exerience ABS kicking in often. I personally experience it very regularly on my car. More so when i was on Appollo's.

Very likely to happen when braking on a speedbreaker or a pothole or may be when braking to take a sharp turn on a muddy road at speeds as low as 20 kmph.

Very rarely needed to steer away though. Off course in india there is almost always not enough room on the road to steer away but thats a different story.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    didn't understand the expert's point here sat. that is what we know is a use of abs . not to let the wheels lock so that car can be steered along the curve instead of going straight and leaving the road.
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Happy independence Day!!!

I don't know if I know to notice when ABS kicks in my car :evilsmile. Anyrway, I have not yet been in a panic breaking situation in my Linea and have never felt a pulsating break pedal. So guess its yet to happen and I will be happy if it continues to stay that way :)
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Only once in my 75K run. Felt (Noise) as if going on a rumble strip. It was raining heavily and I had to brake suddenly on exp/way.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Re: Need exprert advice.

Signs of Battery dyeing.
    Get the battery voltage as well as load tested.

sent from mobile device, excuse typos
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How often did you sense ABS-EBD kicking in?

On even surface as well depends on the weight in the car.EBD is not sperate feature it should come with ABS.EBD reduces breaking distance.ABS and EBD is like saying "Kyunki Saans bhi kabhie bahu thi" he he he..

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta