1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Trained eyes and spot them easily - particularly in the day. Your glass will be much darker than the normal ones and you will be spotted
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

Definitely not in Chennai or TN, somewhere else maybe. :)
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I have an CR70 installed in my car for the last 15 months. Performs really well in blocking the sun rays and improving the cooling inside the car. Not much on glare reduction, minimal in comparison.

+ heat reduction
    + UV blocking
    + anti glare to some extent

- cost you almost equal to the cost of the wind shield. - 5 - 7 K
    - poor visibility in the night. 100 /90 even is of no use
    - insurance dont pay in case of damage
    - should be scared about the cops peeling it off
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

The poor visibility in night part is haunting for sure.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK. To summarize

CR 70 on front windshield :

• Keeps the car cooler
    • Reduces glare
    • Provide UV protection (not needed as the front windshield already filters 99% UV radiation)
    • Costs as much as the windshield glass itself
    • Not covered by insurance
    • Poor night time visibility
    • Have to count on luck to not get pulled over and fined - worse still, have the film ripped off

Guess that should help people weigh the pros and cons and decide

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not really Rajan. Night time visibility is perfect and infact it is better with the tints as it reduces the glare from on coming vehicles. I am finding it easy with my Linea with CR70 during night time than my other car. :)

I agree with all other cons though. :D
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ramjn, no cop trouble?.
    Just one question and i'll leave it alone or else this is going to become another "should I or should i not get back to tints" thread
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  9. I have seen in JC road sunfilms being installed, and after installation it looks like plain vanilla glass only. I don't not know the brand or it's efficiency.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    How often did you sense ABS-EBD kicking in?

The story:
    I was driving down to my home town through some rural roads filled with moderate pot holes. There was a speed breaker which was present for 75% width of the road and 25% was flat.
    I had to slow down and let my right wheels alone to run over the hump as there was a bus in front of me.
    To my surprise there was a pot hole which the rear LHS wheel ran over and I felt a sudden pulsating action in the brake pedal.

I stopped to check if something is wrong with my wheels and found nothing wrong.
    It didn't strike to me that it's the ABS-EBD kicking in as the LHS wheel might have not had complete road contact and so locked due to braking or the EBD playing it's role.

This is my first ever ABS feeling in a car.

So, how often have you guys felt the ABS pulsating action?