1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

OK guys. This sunfilm debate is a never ending debate both at public forum and at TFI too. Let us end it here please. :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats the irony in this country. The regulation to ban the sun fils came post the Delhi rape case where a bus with tinted glasses was used. Now the rule is applied on 4 wheelers except the buses which still continue plying with the tinted glasses. If you observe, most of the govt officials & local politicians still contine to defy the court ruling and brazenly flout the vehicles with dark glases.:evil:
    2 people like this.
  3. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    i got it rectified, actually somehow gear liver was disconnected from base. it was rectified within 5 min.
    2 people like this.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

Ravi - Its simple to understand about the concern here

I had a similar issue for my two wheeler as I was getting it transported from Bang to Delhi

If u have a genuine reason for 2 weeks - then you are NOT wrong and they must understand, No one is at mercy for delay to get a rejection

Fiat is known for its delay for spare parts etc, Does fiat pay any penalty for the same to customers or expects the customer to understand
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we can expect Fiat to understand our genuine reasons if any and extend their support to us. extended warranty people (both the TPA and Insurance company) do not listen to any such requests for obvious reasons.
    However i was told by an EW guy that they can accept deviations of maximum 1000 kms on case to case basis but that is not documented anywhere so we would need some amount of luck even for that.

assuming the 1000 kms deviation holds, 2 weeks is also pretty less no of days so in worst case scenarios where one might need EW in future, it might still be approved but again with some luck :)

A suggestion to all for avoiding future hassles is that if such a situation arises that one does scheduled service late then please request the SC to enter a back date/ valid mileage in the system before job card is closed.
    Once job card is closed it comes down to luck which is mostly bad in such situations!!
    2 people like this.
  6. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    I agree and mistake is different from doing something wrong

Definitely , we need fiat to help out and understand that there is NO reason anyone would delay explicitly to loose its warranty etc

Somethings miss or happen by chance :)
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks to all gentlemen for their very valuable inputs..:D. One doubt though, is this 3M CR 70 noticeably dark ? I thought it will be as transparent as the windshield and will offer heat and UV reduction !!!

At least that was my intention :confused
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Please check Mohans ownership thread. He has posted the pics. That should give you some hints.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is not dark even with the wildest of imagination. It is sort of greenish tinge. :)
    2 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    just one thought no matter what you have on your windshield its at the discretion of the cop who might catch you , that you will be let off without a fine.
    So think twice .