1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

But bro, we are in Chennai and here cops even pass off few VLT 50 films on side windows after inspection. All they need is that the interiors of the car should be visible from outside. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. Chennai cops fine the cars only with very dark tints. They are fine with mild tints and let them go. No issues.
  3. Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

Have seen a lot of cars in kerala with very very dark tints, in westbengal also almost every 2nd car has tints, cops never catch anyone for sunfilms..
    I wish the supreme court relaxes the order and let other people enjoy the benefit..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So, you guys planning on driving only in Chennai? The one primary reason, I will not put any kind of film in my car - it is illegal. All it takes would be one cop, having a bad day and your thousands of rupees will go down the drain. IMHO, not worth the risk.

Rajan
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. It's always a risk. But, I am having the CR70 on my windshield even before all these exercise started. No issues till now. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

BTW, Chennai cops have started the drive (fine the cars with dark tints) again recently.

Note:- I know you will pitch in and oppose this. :D
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    thank you. I just checked them.
    Do you recommend it? I am looking for owner's opinion.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No Sir. I have given up. I went all the way to the Supreme Court, in vain. The petitioner's contention is "Rape" and the users' contention is "Lack of privacy". Both are wrong. I do not have the resources to continue waging a lone war.

For me - no film. Period.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

So, don't we ever cross 80 kmph? Even that is illegal. ;)

Come on Rajan!

We need to make use of loopholes in our stupid system.

90 to 95 percent of the time, yes we are in Chennai. And FYI, our car with RE70 film on sides was running in Bangy for 4 months. No issues.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please do not selectively quote. You missed this -"All it takes would be one cop, having a bad day and your thousands of rupees will go down the drain."

I am not claiming that I will never break the law. I would be lying, if I did. I do and will break the law, as long as it is not going to cause any harm to anyone.

In a normal day

If I am caught speeding - I get fined and I am let go.
    If I am caught DUI - I get fined and am let go.
    If I am caught with Sun Film - I get fined and am let go.

On a day when I am very unlucky / the cop is having a bad day

If I am caught speeding - I get fined and I am let go.
    If I am caught DUI - I am arrested and sent to jail.
    If I am caught with Sun Film - I get fined and the cop insists on ripping the film off right there.

Which of these laws will you break? Also, the fact that you have not been pulled up till now, does not automatically guarantee you that you never will be. Those who already have the film, enjoy it while it lasts. Those who do not, don't waste your hard earned money.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    I am glad i got it done!

It is pleasant to my eye and on my way to work there are cops everyday at this place where vehicles have to slow down and they check for tints on cars. They have NOT suspected it once till date after i got it done.. since the rest of the car is not tinted they dont know.