1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    They are banned and illegal. If traffic police finds out, they will make you strip :p the film on the spot and pay a hefty fine irrespective of how transparent the film is.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

It is available at 3M car care, Nungambakkam and at Balaji agencies, Guindy in Chennai.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, and AFAIK, the cost is the same across a series, irrespective of the VLT. :)

Okay, there are 'n' number of broken windshield incidents majorly due to these illegal sand trucks plying in this area. I lost one windshield due to this. There goes your investment of 7k down the drain, Insurance won't reimburse for the film. This is what I meant to imply.

This is for the front windshield, the cops cannot make out the film anyhow, given the VLT is 70 and above. :)
    2 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    CR 90? Cool. Last I checked was a couple of years back, when I still had the Palio and I could not find it anywhere. I am sure CR 90 is more expensive than CR 70. Could someone check the prices and let me know, please.

Rajan
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    im having 3M tints only on the front windshield and it does work wonders.
    not sure of the rating as its nearly 3 yrs now but i have been caught once as its relatively dark.
    i'm also contemplating changing the whole glass itself to a darker tint like you find in accord / bmw / benz that way i can fully throw away these tints
  6. Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

Tinted glasses will do very little to help compared to sun films on glass..moreover you will be spending a lot of money in the process.
    Maybe if the oem glass has lots of scratches or cracks then this makes sense.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Here is the comparison and details of 3m Crystalline series ( CR )

CR 40 CR 50 CR 70
    Visible Light Transmitted 39% 50% 70%
    Total Solar Energy Rejected 59% 56% 50%
    Infrared Rejected** 97% 97% 97%
    Visible Light Reflection Int. 6% 7% 9%
    Visible Light Reflection Ext. 7% 8% 9%
    UV Rejected 99.9% 99.9% 99.9%
    Glare Reduction 56% 43% 23%

Sorry for the format, took it in the 3m website n used notepad cos i am at work..

I got cr 70 put in the windshield and i am very pleased that i did...
    No more harsh sunlight, highbeams and there is a noticeable heat reduction when the car is parked in the sun. makes me wonder if i could tint the whole car it would be amazing.. but damn sunfilm ban rule :(

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/9482-my-fiat-bnw-90-hp-14.html
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I wouldn't consider that to be true everytime as I myself was stopped over and the cop inspected the front windshield from the inside of the car to see if I had any film installed.

Cheers.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    How is the performance at night for CR70? Does it hamper your vision?
    I want to avoid the glare from high beams, but do not want it to reduce the vision....
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore

i have attached pics of the film at night on my way back from the installation.. check page 14 on my ownership thread mentioned in the previous post