1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Looks like they were all on high! How come they provide warranty and service period to a non-existent object :confused:
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is what I also meant. If you request, I am sure FIAT will honour the service coupon and waive off the labour charges.

This is ridiculous, as it goes against the basic common sense of the concept of warranty. For any product that comes with warranty, the period always starts from the day of purchase. By this logic, my car was already out of warranty when I bought it - Manufactured Sept 2010 and I bought it in August 2012 :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

Hi Folks,

I have been hearing about this front windshield tint for quite some time now. One of my friends has done that on his T Jet 2 years back and that cost him around 15 K. The manufacturers claim that it reduces UV radiations by 50% and reduces the cabin temperature; thereby increasing the A/c efficiency and improving mileage.

I am not sure whether these claims are true or not. But I am seriously thinking about it for my new car. I would like to hear from the experts in this forum :D...

Is it worth it ?
    If yes what are the good brands ?
    How much will it cost ?
    Where can i get it done in Chennai ?

Thanks to all in advance
  4. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Suraj,

I have faced a similar problem in my Palio. It got stuck in first gear and I was not able to change to any other gear. But if the engines is turned off, it was very smooth but after starting you can engage only one gear.

I showed to the service centre and they said the problem is with clutch master/slave cylinders and they changed it. After that it is working fine.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Our TFI Member Mohan, recently got 3M C70 film on his GP. One advantage i find its useful is in reducing the glare of head lights from other vechicles. It costed him around 7k.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Front Windshield tint, any suggestions ?

Yes, worth it. Unless you follow sand carrying trucks often.

3M CR70 is good. Get it done from 3M car care, Nungambakkam. And yes, it does reduce the heat within cabin. I have RE70 on my side windows and they themselves do a good job of cutting the heat even after allowing the light as such in.

There are other brands like Huper Optik, V Kool etc which claim they are premium, but I have no idea about them. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Driver,
    On the side windows the transperancy should be 50% as per Govt. rules right.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Reduction of UV radiation is redundant for the front windshield. The front windshield is laminated glass - 2 layers of 3 mm glass with a 0.38 mm layer of polyvinyl butyral sandwiched in between. Though the original idea was to prevent the glass from shattering, as a side effect, the front windshield already blocks 99% UV radiation.

Reduction of cabin temperature and increasing AC efficiency and better mileage are all true, provided you put the film on all glasses in the car. 3M CR 70 is a good choice. 3M CR 90 is even better, but costs a bomb and is not readily available in India.

Our cars already have tinted glasses in the windows and IMHO, spending a considerable chunk of money on these films is not worth the cost.

What is the connection with sand trucks? :confused:
    Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys,

Isnt the sun films banned by the traffic police? Or are we talking about something else? These days the manufacturers provide tinted glass minus the films.
  10. I have Garware ICECOOL shield on windshield, cost 3000 INR.

+ = it offers a good shield especially during summer
    - = even the 100/90 bulbs are not good enough during night :)