1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well, if they didn't then you might have issue with extended warranty also in coming years.... ask the service center if they can make the billing date within 2 yrs by paying some tips n all :)

Money paid now(tips) will definitely relax u in long run (extended warranty) as third party simply cancel major of your claim or almost by saying u broke the third service duration as schedule.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where you got servicing done?

Its totally your mistake, and only thing you can do is to request for some relaxation on billing. BTW, can you put the details of bill?

And more importantly, you are on mercy of Fiat and its extended warranty conditions, in case of any eventualities.
  3. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore
    I did service from a new FASS, Marikar Fiat Kottayam. I did not get the bill in hand, will put the details once I get it.
    So I am in some trouble it seems..Is there any alternatives that I can do now as I have already made the mistake?
  4. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    2 weeks big deal, you are well within your rights to ask for the service to be done FOC more so since you have not driven the stipulated kilometers.

If they had an issue with the free service they should have informed you before accepting your vehicle and not afterwards, the World does not run on their whim and fancy. Get hold of the GM of the workshop and get this sorted out. BTW do not plead with him/them but do not fight/become abusive either.

However what I would like to know is where is your car at the moment? You say you do not have a bill in hand -- meaning what? they did not give you one or you refused to take it or you did not have it at the time of posting, do elaborate.

What sort of an advise is this ? Why should he tip anyone ? Let him get it sorted out in the right manner.

1 person likes this.
  5. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

It should not be like that

If someone is not available due to any urgency or travel or any other reason

No body can deny just because of delay

Does FIAT provide all the parts to all service center in time , Is there NO delay at all from Fiat for any reason ?

lilmonk : you are not at mercy of any one , if Fiat or any other company understands its good else take a legal route
  6. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore
    Thanks for the support and good advices.
    I am writing to the Regional manager email Id today. If he approves problem solved instantly I guess.
    Right now I am in Bangalore. Gave car for service in my native, that is why I don't have the bill with me. This Thursday, August 15th, I am going to native. So I will go to the FASS on Friday and talk to the GM directly. As you said I also hope Fiat wont punish me with both free service and warranty clauses for being 2 weeks late to service, though I admit the fault is mine.

Regards,
    Unni
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then what is big deal? Tell me how its within one's right?
    There is condition, which one accepts when he/she buys any car.

I think you are ignorant of whats happening.
    So many owners already missed extended warranty due to delay in service.

And there could be some urgency or other reasons, but then one is on mercy. Fiat can accept or reject. Nothing can be done legally.

These situation should be handled with your personal relationship with dealers/service centers. You can't force your way, if you are at wrong end.

@Unni, Fiat is certainly not punishing you :), you need to try to get it waived off.
    I asked for bill, because only labour charge should be extra, other consumables will be charged anyway.

I re-iterate again, main issue is extended warranty. Lets know what response you get on this. Bill is small issue (in my view).
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    +1 to that. Warranty is an assurance that a manufacturer offers, subject to you, the owner of the equipment, agreeing to and abiding by certain conditions. One of them is the time period or kilometers run, whichever comes first. You have failed to abide by that.

Now if FIAT decides to still honour your warranty, then they will be doing you a favour. As all of us know, one cannot demand a favour. Taking the legal route / trying to bribe the dealership is detrimental to your cause. FIAT has usually been accommodative to warranty claims and has even extended goodwill discounts to many of our own members. So, please accept your slip-up, apologize for the same and request FIAT to accommodate and I am sure they will.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think even Fiat will not have control on extended warranty.
    But yes, fiat can do some favour on bills (if they want to), normally they do.
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For me the story is, they started saying that warranty/service period start from the date of booking, which is 35 prior to my car delivery.I called up Fiat customer support, even they told warranty and service period starts from date of booking. but in all manual and service guide, it is mentioned that, the count starts from date delivery.

I am just wondering, what maruti guys are doing, in some of the cases they deliver after 10 months of booking. Customer policy is a standard process and transparent.