1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

Then how people buys it. :confused
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

@ Bhai - is turbo kick the only stuff that you look into while buying a car?

Man sudden turbo kick is uncontrolled turbo which is eased out by VGT. linear power delivery is always better than sudden surge.
    yes you experience fun in turbo kick , but the perfect way of drivability is linear power.

In case of linea when you are climbing a ghat or in stop and go traffic power is at your disposal right from 1200 rpms. its smooth power delivery and i enjoy it a lot.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I also agree that sudden surge is uncontrolled in FGT.

But FGT of Grande Punto 75 BHP is not so much surgy as SWIFT.

Iam also lover of linear power delivery. I don't like sugy engines.

When the FGT of my Swift spins, I feel that engine will come out from the chasis. ::OO

FGT of Punbto is also linear. I want surge in emergency acceleration. Not in normal driving.

Is their surge @ urgent/emergency acceleration ?

Actually Iam thinking to upgrade to 90 HP, so Iam curious.

All 90 HP owners, are you listening ?
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

nmp - Apologies for piggy backing on your thread, But since I mentioned my problem here in your thread thought I'll update the current status.

I sent an e-mail with the same content I had posted here in the forum on the feedback website. This happened on Monday and I got a call from ECR, Concorde on asking me what is the problem to which I explained in detail what had happened. The lady over the phone was confused over why this call was assigned to ECR Concorde informed me that she will re-check and call me back. Yesterday I received from Tata Motors, Pune asking me to explain the problem again - Did it and they listened patiently. I gave feedback about the RSA and also the not so good customer relationships at VST Motors during my phone calls. I was assured this feedback will be passed on to the higher officials.

Immediately after this received a call from ECR Concorde, Asking when can I come in drop in the car. I kind of agreed to get the car dropped today and was about to start when I received a call from VST Motors CR Manager. She promptly apologized and has agreed to provide me her personal mobile number even though I insisted not to. Again asked me the whole story and I explained the whole problem is not the availability of technicians, because I agree that everyone wants to enjoy the new year's eve. The only thing I wanted was an answer from the VST Manager & Service Relationship manager was that they can't send a technician now. Instead one decided to switch off the phone and another one never bothered to pick the phone. All I wanted was them stating I think we can't do it. Gave this feedback which was promptly accepted.

Overall I'm overwhelmed by the progress Tata-Fiat CR team had shown in this issue. I haven't experienced Maruti or Hyundai A.S.S but this response was simply great. Hope they really use the feedback in future scenarios to avoid further frustrated customers.
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune

if u want a surge in sudden acceleration go ahead in your swift. dont expect this from punto. why did u buy a punto in first case when you are more comfortable in the punch from swift. swift has adrenaline rush which even i love.

i have observed that i get a similar punch from my linea if suddenly i accelerate beyond 2700 rpms. the turbo goes balastic and car zooms away.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

My car's also GNZ July - more specifically 25th July 2010, with the sticker on the radiator. On my PDI, November end, it was 4 months old. I was a bit upset but I wanted the car badly so I thought it is better to do the PDI first. Found the car to be in good condition, no suspicious paint job, odo was cool 32 with "H". Switches, buttons working. I asked the FIAT sales head, and he politely explained his inventory and vehicle receipt records and even suggested that I could contact FIAT directly on this issue if I was not satisfied. Infact there was another July 90HP BNW delivered the day before. So I thought it was wise not to make the situation more complicated. Got the bank loan formalities completed, took delivery. Touch wood, my cars has been serving me well since.

I think FIAT overestimated it's sales capacity for 90HP and produced too many cars in June and July. I see a lot of GNZ - July 90 HP Puntos floating around.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

There you are !
    Means you admit that even Linea has VGT,at hard acceleration Linea zooms away.

Then tell why my GP is not behaving like this. There are no ECU errors :confused
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune

@Bhai - sorry to ask, but are you the same guy Amol Mane. you seem to be the same guy breaking head over turbo punch in punto :A

man again you are missing a point here. your 1st mistake - you compare punto and swift and now your 2nd mistake - you compare 70bhp punto with 90bhp linea.

i am running out of words now.

lets do one thing. get your punto to pune and lets call some pune punto guys for meet. then we will do comparison punto-punto.

till then leave in peace. you are worrying too much.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Yes it is, amolmane = bhai, new avatar for Mr. amolmane. :roll: Grandeur (mod) mentioned it in the other thread.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

You know what.............This doesnt make sense !!!!
    2) Engine has become too much smooth.(Lack of Diesel Clatter)
    5) When I rev engine, it feels that some thing is preventing the engine to run smoothly. It feels like a large weight is atttached to engine which is preventing the engine to catch RPM

First the engine is too much smooth, then there is a large wight attached to engine and preventin it to run smoothly.

Then (Lack of Diesel Clatter), possibility of improper combustion/improper automisation of fuel & improper Injection Timing, Exhaust smell is found in engine compartment, possibility of leakage of exhaust, Turbo may not be getting sufficient exhaust Pressure , Partially Open Wastegate or any vaccum/Boost leakage, Noise of Vaccum Leak in engine compartment

After all the probabilities, and problem juggling, all the permutation and combination, Can you finally decide what is the problem in your car ?? :A