1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    U can order from Kava Motors, Bombay.You will get half the price but may be with some scratches.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    U can contact Kava Motors Mumbai.They should be having this part. Kava Automobile
  3. Soumyadipta

Soumyadipta

Kolkata
    How correct is the mileage reading?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and not entirely sure whether this discussion had already taken place. I tried searching but did not get any pertinent results. So here it is:

How correct is the digital mileage reading that gets shown in the car meter. I was happy that my 1.2 petrol showed 13-14 kmpl. However, when I did a mileage calculation based on the full tank-full tank method, I found out that my car gave just about 8.5 kmpl.

I was totally shocked to see this. Has anybody else faced similar situations and also can anybody put some light on the reason behind this huge discrepancy?

From the top of my head I think that in B2B traffic, when the car is on neutal, the motor is still on, the meter picks up the feed and incorporates this data as well for mileage calculation. The reason behind this thought is, my AcB mileage keeps on increasing when I am on neutral at a traffic signal.

Guys, please share your thoughts/experiences.

Many Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
    SD
  4. venka

venka BANNED

Suggestion is do the tankfull to tankfull method to calculate the milage. there is error of +or - 2Km from the MID . These are my observations and your observations as well.

Experts if they now any other method can through some more light.
    1 person likes this.
  5. I am not sure how it works. But i assume that the system makes the mileage calculation based on 2 parameters. 1. How much fuel is injected into the engine(taken from a sensor attached to the fuel pump) and 2. How much KMs traveled(taken from the speedo). When we reset the Trip counter B to "0", all the values are reset to "0" and is incremented then on.

Changing tyre size/profiles might result in speedo errors, which in turn reflects in mileage indication too. But in your case, the Full to Full test also was done with the same speedo reading, so it is irrelevant. I suggest that you repeat the Full to full test once again, and ensure that the tank is FULL on both filling. I think the problem lies there.
    If you have measured the mileage in B2B traffic, then 8.5 appears to be more realistic figure than 13-14 for 1.2 Petrol. :) btw, have you verified the Instantaneous consumption figures too?
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    The temp needle of 2010 Punto is at a downward angle of 45* from horizontal position at start.
    Any pointers to that? It happened all of a sudden today morning and it was all good yesterday.
    Has it got any connection with battery?
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Is it permanently stuck there?,does it move when car reaches its normal operating temperature?
    Disconnect negative terminal of battery for 30-60 mins and check it if works.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  8. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Akshay. Its not stuck there. it reached the normal 0 position after driving for couple of kilometers.
    It means the sensors are working fine since -45* + 45* = 0, :).
    Seems to be an issue with the gauge needle. I will try disconnecting the negative and give a try.
  9. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    No luck there disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnecting.
    The needle still comes and touches the horizontal projection just above the MID display when keys are removed.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Isnt it supposed to work that way?
    Needle should go to zero when engine is switched off,and come up according to the engine temp.
    Any pictures?