1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder Sirji, I would suggest you to change your mechanic if that is the case. He is providing you the wrong information!
    I have surveyed over 2000+ flood affected cars during surat epidemic & speaking from the experience of over thousand vehicles over a single vehicle.
  2. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    LOGO CHORI HO GAYA!

It was sad morning! as soon as I saw my Dyna I found that Logo was stolen. Feeling very sad since then.:(

Can I get a New Logo?
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ca raman, don't be sad..... 99rpm hai na...... :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sorry about that buddy. I wonder who would want FIATs logo, the numbers on road is not as of sheeps or boats. Hmm... put a glue, i remember a TFIian had done some glueing thing for this. Search this forum.
  5. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Same thing happened with me. Someone stole both front and rear logo of my linea. :evil:
    By the way if you are planning to buy new logos, it costs around Rs.1500 /- for both. Logos are available at Sky moto Akurdi, Pune.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    And I though the Fiat logos are normally screwed and not simply glued:eek:. I remember reading in other forum about the Punto user replacing the Fiat logos with the Abart logos and it was an effort to remove the Fiat logos.
  7. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fully agreed with Mahesh as i have faced similar situation when i was with one of my friend in his new ZEN and we stuck in water, car stopped due to to much water at that place, we somehow manged to take out the car with the help of local guys and after that tired to start the car. Car got started and after runnning few KMs we faced hydrostatically locked engine which was confirmed by the workshop. Insurance company denied the claim for the same and we ended up in paying complete amount by our pocket.
    This was the case for Zen, but not sure about Fiat cars.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Then that Mechanic was a fool like many others.
    I have seen many following this practice,but with engine on and throttle at 50% position,so that water does not enter due to exhaust back pressure(even this is not a good practice).
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Completely agree. And this happened at a Fiat dealer in 2006 or so.

The only point of telling that incident was to show that it's not really that easy to get water into the engine from the exhaust. Far easier for the engine to ingest water from the air intake.

Cheers.
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Thank you gurjinder, puntophile, kaps, Akshay4384, varin11 and mahesh

@gurjinder: Trying to clean the cabin as much as I can :|

@Puntophile: Yes, now that you say, I think the moving cars splashed water and created waves which ultimately causes such a large amount of water to enter the exhaust.

@Kaps, that would have een the case now that I think of it, but most of the water is in the rear seats.

@Akshay: Will check the oil, first thing today. Will keep a keen eye for froth and report here.

@varin11: Thank god I don't need to be worked up over it :| However in my case there was no black smoke, just yellowy water :|

@mahesh: Will keep an eye out, hope that isn't the case as I started the car after about 26 hours of when the water receded :| However water was there in the exhaust even then.