1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Somehow i feel you should not have started the car,as there was a fat chance of water getting sucked in the engine.
    Take out the dipstick,and check how does the oil looks like,usual black,or kind of frothy?
  2. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Same in my area during rain..bt once rain stopped, water was soaked completely by soil 2013-07-20 14.24.28.jpg
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I don't think water entering inside the exhaust causes damage to the engine. I read somewhere that it might damage the lambda sensor.
    Damage to the engine happens when water enters the air intake.
  4. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    No compressor cut off even after stopping the car

Hi everyone. I have recently purchased a used Fiat Linea 1.4

I am not sure if it is an issue but I found this behavior very weird. Yesterday I was driving in city with AC on all the time. I stopped at a local shop after a few minutes. When I got out of the car I observed that the compressor (or I guess its compressor! Please excuse me for my ignorance :( ) was still on for almost 10 seconds after the car was stopped. I have never seen such behavior with my previous car.
    The same thing happened when I got back home.

Is there any problem? Or Is it same for every car?
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    The car was started after about a complete day of when the water receded (water was there for about 2 hours). What does this Lambda sensor do and how cna I see if it's damaged or not?

What should I do in case a similar thing happens in the future? I've already thought abotu parking at another place and covering the exhaust but apart from these can't think of anything else.

@Gaurav: Good for you and your car :|
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon it's the fan rather than the compressor.

Depending upon the ambient conditions and the engine's temperature, it does keep running for a while even after you shut the engine. So don't give it much thought as long as the temperature gauge needle is bang in the middle.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As long as it's not throwing any funny error codes on the dashboard, just keep enjoying it.

Just have it cleaned thoroughly from the inside else it might stink bad. The water probably came in when the doors became submerged in water, atleast till the chrome "beading" level - pretty high and shocking level.

Cheers.
  8. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Aaashish we met that day at workshop. Please take pix of the part and speak to KAVA MOTORS, Mumbai. They may help you out. Also if you have someone in Meerut, you can sk them to search by showing pix. Without pix, many spare dealer do not understand the names even if they have it. I have experienced this in Kashmere Gate also. They have local mistri names. For example a particular clip of SX4 VDI is known as "machhar" (mosquito) and no amount of explaining was able to describe to them. 12 rupees only.So only pix or local name.
  9. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Yes I guess it is fan and not compressor.
    Thanks for the reply :). Its a big relief to know that its not a problem.
  10. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    But sir, Punto does not have door rubber gasket on the inside lower part of the door. Can water enter from there? I dont know about TJ. Also, the problem with the car submerged in just stagnant water is different from that on an active road road. A car travelling by your parked car, (submerged in water till the exhaust pipe), creates waves and this waves have enough force and water reaches deep into the exhaust. That is why 5-10 liters water came out.