1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    that's the ABS kicking in supposing you have ABS. or else it could also be uneven wear on the disks that causes brake judder (i have it so made peace with it)
  2. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    OK, let me try to put some technical terms here to explain the behaviour. It is all with the dynamic characteristics</SPAN> from Steering to Front wheels. Even the balanced wheels would have some amount of unbalance and while rotating they induce something called Forced Vibrations, and these forced vibrations amplify based on resonance frequencies and damping of the system (steering to front wheels in this case). For a given unbalance forces and a given system, there could be a range of speeds where the vibrations would amplify. But if you pass through this speed range quickly, then there would be little time for these vibrations to amplify and you won't feel any vibrations. This method of passing through a certain speed range quickly is used in all rotating machines including Aircraft engines (this is what I used to work...!!!!). Even milions of dollars of rotating machines are not immune to this issue.

So in your case, the wobbling between 90-100 depends on how quickly you build your speeds and how much time you stay in that range.

Hope I have given some answers.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    though the techs are nice to read i find this problem irrespective of how i reach 110 , slow/fast doesn't matter and hence the doubt.
    Anyway will re-visit them and get it checked
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes i have ABS in my car, in 3rd service i had changed my brake pad and done the alignment from outside.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    This happened with me when I got the column replaced last year.the steering was little out and no alignment guy fix it.One wise guy told me leave it and it will get corrected itself and it really happened after few hundred Kms.

The SA pointed out that my front right rim is Little bend on my recent visit to get front shockers replaced.Even I could see uneven spin on the ramp.It was Sunday and there was no alignment and tire guy present so I thought of getting alignment and rim changing thingi from outside.I got it checked from my regular alignment guy. There was no issues with alignment even after the shockers change, it was perfect.According to him no issues with the little bend rim also as the wobble problem will be felt only at speed above 120Kmph because of it. I dont know but I feel little wobble at low speed.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  6. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I didn't mean that you can avoid the vibrations at around 110kmph. That explanation is for why you get vibrations at some speed range and not at all other speed ranges (higher or lower).
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,

My Punto Rear Left door lever (inside) was broken and the parts is now fully missed by me. I thought of changing it by visiting the FASS but to my amaze i was shock by the cost of doing it.

First, the lever itself cost Rs. 858 and as i don't have any spring or lock related to it (don't know where it got misplaced), The SA told me that as the spring and its related part won't come as separate and this need full change of the door panel (black plastic one) which include the lever and mechanism and its cost was Rs. 5000 around (wtf).

Please suggest what to do in this case.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Check in the 99rpm for parts details.
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Linea Submerged, water everywhere

Delhi is subjected to heavy rains over the past few days and our area, despite being considered a "posh" location is actually in a sorry state with respect to drainage.

It rained a lot day before yesterday and there was about 1.5-2 feet of water on the roads yesterday, water even invaded our houses :|

So, the water level reached the bottom of the rear bumper and eventually the exhaust was under water.

We had to go yesterday and as soon as I started the car there was a lot of "yellowish" dirty water coming from the exhaust, after idling and then increasing the revs, water was coming out and I guess it must have been about 5-10 liters of water, at least.

Since we had to go, we left after a short while. When we returned I inspected the car's flooring, and it was drenched of water. I tried to dry it as much as I could with newspapers and tissue paper/ cloths but after 40 minutes I just gave up. I then put some fresh newspapers and put some napthelene balls in the car. When I lifted the small cut in the passenger side seat (where the VIN number is visible) I was horrified to see it was drenched.

Did the water come inside the car from the bottom somewhere or from the doors? Also water entering the exhaust could have caused any damages? The car was running fine in my opinion though.

Is there anything I should be wary of and anything that I can do now?
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Already done as the part is not listed on their site for left side.

But still i am shocked that particular lever only cost 850 and the warehouse guy telling me that ..sir ji this come from italy and thats why it cost this.

ANd reply to that i said "then ask fiat to run only in italy" :)