1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Punto MJD - Jerking or Power loss problem?

Since last two days I'm facing some "jerking" or "power loss" issues in my Punto MJD. I had just got the fourth servicing done in last month.

While picking up speed (after changing gears) there appears to be sudden loss of power / car stalls. I need to accelerate hard, it appears as if the fuel line is choked. Even if I slot first gear and try to accelerate in a normal way, there is jerk and it appears that there is loss of power or loss of fuel supply. I need to accelerate hard.

The problem is more pronounced during picking up from lower speed (in second or third gear). With AC on this is aggrevated.

While "cruising" above 30, the "jerking" does not appear. The moment speed is reduced, and try to pull from lower speed, the car jerks or stalls.This was since last two days.

Today while driving to office "engine check" light has come up. Immediately called up Pandit Auto and informed the problem, they have asked to get the car at workshop.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you checked Airfilter ..this might not be the issue but first check should be on Airfilter.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

First suspect should be air filter or its casing (bad design the plastic thread into which bolts of air filter cover go free causing air filter cover not to close tightly) The lock type system is better or place metal thread inside while making multijet cover. Could be a burst turbo hose too.
    Could be a problem with clutch switch and acc pedal sensor and what not. Nothing much can't be said without scanning codes present in ECU.
  4. Was planning for the same the coming weekend and then came the news of petrol price bouncing back to Rs.78 a ltr... this jealous zaalim pyar ki dushman duniya...
    Jokes apart. .. but Yeh I sometimes feel her urging for a dash!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Today I went to the workshop, was attended imemdiately and the engineer did a scan on the examiner. The error codes reflected for air flow and the air flow sensor was found to be loosely connected. It was fitted properly and that was it.

I suspect during the servicing last month, the sensor might not have been fitted properly and due to vibrations it came off.

Anyways, I was attended immediately and the job was done in 10 minutes and was happy with the service provided.
    The car is back as smooth as butter.
    1 person likes this.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

You should complaint about their incompetency. It would have caused dust to go in to turbo.
    It was a very big blunder from the ASS and why had they loosened the air flow sensor in first place. To remove engine cover only air intake pipe and hose going to turbo have to be removed by loosening the lock type clip.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

ok i have a weird scenario here.
    on my recent trip to pondy i was constantly doing between 90-150 and this is what i observed.

90-110 :: steering wobble (it wobbles sometimes but not always)
    110-150 :: light wobble but not always.

The peculiar thing is if there is balancing issues then it should wobble all the time but that didn't happen. there were times where i reached 120 without wobble and after that it used to start dancing.
    Just 3 days before the trip i got the balancing / rotation/alighment done . The device used was 'Hunter' for alighment .
    Could this be a case of wrong alignment and balancing or something more serious?

My car also has hub rings and before getting the balancing done earlier i had got it done from another center (A1 car care) and had taken it on long drives but there was no wobble. only after this new round of treatment i'm getting wobble.
    Please advice
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Take it back to A1 car care?

Fancy new age machines are only one part of the story. An expert guy can even set the alignment with a roll of thread. I trust experience over fancy gizmos.

1 person likes this.
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Go for stiker weight's inside and outside pattern for your wobbling issue.
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Well in my case... my steering wobble a little when brake is applied and speed is around above 50kmph.

Please let me know if anything has to be done or its just normal.