1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Just check with your service center guy if your car needs CSC replacement, if yes they should do without any issue.
    If you are not satisfied with their answers, talk to Fiat directly and get the confirmation if you need replacement or not.
    Most of us got it replaced without any problem.

Check this thread - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=862

And I hope you have Fiat RSA. Go to long drive without thinking anything. They should help you in case any problem occurs.
  2. Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

@Ansal, I used to take the RPM beyond 2500 RPM before chaning the gear. But someone in this forum suggested to have a gear shift in the ratio of 1500-2000 RPM and I am trying to get habitual to this. What is bothering me is when I am around the speed of 100, instant FE is shown as 5-7!
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

@viveksonkhala,@vijaykhasa,@ravi,@livelyyoungman .. Thanks all for your feedbacks. I went to the dealer today but it was closed ::pP . Will again update once I talk to the dealer.

Two more issues though not so serious are the following . Note that there are many +ves of the car as well which I am dying to highlight but these small niggles take the fun away when you realise its almost a 7 lakh rupee car :

1. What I see is that if I am playing the music through the USB and then I switch of the car , lock the door and come out and then immediately unlock and then go in and put the key in the MAR position , the music again starts from the USB, which is perfectly ok . However if I remove the key , lock the doors and leave the car standing for some time and then unlock and put the key again to the MAR position the music starts from the CD and then even if I try I cannot select the USB playing even through the SRC button on the steering wheel or thru any button the Music Player as well . The only way to start the USB now is to say "play anything" using the Voice commands. Has any one else faced this issue ?

2. There is a reverse connection with the Front doors in the sense that if the Right Front Door is open the MID shows as Left Front Door and if the Right Front Door is open the MID shows as Left Front Door. WIth the rear doors it shows everything ok.Has anyone else faced this issue ?
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

RPM is absolutely fine. Regarding the speed of 100 , First i would advise you to keep the speeds lower during the first 2-3k. I mean here and there, those speeds are ok but do not become rev happy and go for pedal to the metal stuff. Use gradual acceleration rather than sudden acceleration. How much kms have you driven till now and do you feel any difference with the engine from day 1 to now ??. Have you tried short shifting as well ??

With my own experience, the FE does go down when i try to be more adventurous even on the Highways. Sometime, i have achieved more FE even in the city compared to the Highway, reason being sedate driving. So I decided to have just a lil extra patience coz the car is not running away. Just wait for a few thousand kms and things will improve.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Thats a first. I dont think nyone has reported this issue as of yet. Really strange. Take the car to the dealer, they should be able to sort that out.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Y'day I got the Clutch Cylinder replaced through Fortune Thane. I've not yet picked up my car as there are other things (painting the bumper etc) to be done. So I exactly don't know the charges for the CSC replacement, although the SA has told me that it will be done under warranty. He has also mentioned that Fiat has replaced that flimsy plastic part by a metallic one. Hopefully there won't be any problem in future.

Now the issue has been sorted out, I was looking back at the whole incident. That day, when the problem occurred, there were 4 friends with me. One of the friend - who owns Esteem, reminded me what he had mentioned when I finalised to buy GP. He had asked me to go for Maruti / Hyundai but avoid Fiat. The reason he gave is the less no. of service centers and spare parts availability. Although we were stranded in some remote area because of my GP, I felt more humiliated not because of my car but because of the helplessness I felt when none of the TASC nos were attended and later when the local mechanic could not get the spare part (on which Fiat saved some money by using a cheap quality plastic - but that is a different matter). The letter which I've sent to FIAL service dept has been so far un-answered.But my love for Fiat has not shaken because of the incidence, as I know any car would suddenly give away for any damn reason.
  7. Re: Punto 90HP - Query

I purchased a 90HP Punto in September and the manufacturing date was July. I made it a point to inform the dealer that I needed a recently manufactured vehicle and also checked the serial nos. before the delivery....just in case. Personally upto 3 months is okay I guess.
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

@maverick123 what is the colour of your punto?
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hi to all 90 HP owners

I have a doubt about 90 HP GP.

I have not driven 90 HP GP OR Linea.

90 HP Punto has VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo)
    Because of VGT,turbo angle varies as per change in exhaust pressure & change in throttle position.
    So in VGT we get turbo boost as soon as you press the throttle.

But in FGT,we get turbo boost @specific RPM & suddenly. Because of this sudden change in engine response,there is more fun/excitment while driving FGT car.

I had read that as the VGT has no sudden power delivery,so VGT has no excitement like FGT. Is this true ?

I agree that in VGT,we get more power & more torque but in a linear format.
    Then is it really fun to drive VGT ? ::O

Considering only GP 90 HP not linea, as the Gear Ratio are differant.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Only Swift/DZire VDi offer a sudden turbo kick with their VGT.
    Even the FGT variant of Punto is "as boring" as the VGT Punto/Linea.
    There is no sudden turbo kick in FGT Punto, VGT Punto, VGT Linea. I am not sure about T-JET though.
    Visit this thread by Amolmane. He has both Swift VDi and a Punto FGT (same as yours i.e. Punto 1.3MJD Active in Exotica Red color). He will be able to clear your doubt better. He is also from Ahmednagar so you can even have a side by side comparison if you guys can plan a TFI meet in your city.
    :wink: :wink:

Anyways, you own a Punto MJD FGT so you must be aware that there is no sudden turbo kick/turbo boost. Power delivery is linear.