1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can anybody tell how to reset it without going to fass.

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Did you get the car serviced recently? Looks like the ASS forgot to reset the service reminder.

Saw you reply after posting. No. You cannot reset on your own, unless you have a OBD2 scanner and a licensed copy of MultiECUScan software

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont do anything just leave it as is and after about 2000kms it will go by itself.
    (I think its about 2K not sure but it will definitely go)
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Really? Did not know that. Thanks for the info. The beemer I had in OZ, would just stop and refuse to start any longer, if I continued driving with the service reminder for more than 500 kms.

Rajan
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OK thanks for quick response

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hard Odd Gear Shifts

Hi Guys,

A few months back I had an issue where the odd (1,3,5) shifts were very hard and almost impossible to switch to these gears. I took the Punto to Fortune, Nerul and they replaced the controls under warranty which saved me 7K-8K. Now again I am experiencing similar issues and this time the reverse gear is also very hard to switch.

My Punto is 2 years old and has done an odd 12.5K Kms, and it was last serviced in the month of March.
  7. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    You gotta check the clutch, see if its fried. Do you hear Grrr sound when engaging the Reverse? if yes then its the clutch which you need to change which should cost you around 8K inclusive of the labor..
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Check clutch & pressure plate first. Don't go for the clutch kit replacement as that will not serve the problem....
  9. After all this general discussion... I would request opinions of experts on my personal case here...
    I request this cause what I could arrive at from all the discussion is that the driving style has bearing on the idling requirement, though I must admit that the idling while stopping for a break during Highway trips was not a practice observed by me and shall make it a point to religiously follow that in time to come. However, it is my regular daily drive that I am more concerned about.
    My drive is about 3km morning and 3.5 kms In the evening. .. which takes anywhere from 6 to 7 mins one side. The kind of roads I drive on, and to enjoy the drive to the max, I prefer a sedated drive.. which results in RPM staying in range of 800 to 1200. To be very frank, I hardly tap the accelerator, just the presence of my foot on the accelerator pedal is enough to take me thru the distance.
    In such conditions, what idling pattern is recommended for me?
    Also, in last 11.5 Th. Kms, that I have covered with her, is there any way to determine if I have caused any damage to the turbo!!
    Concerned.. Please advise!!!
  10. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi All,

After many visits and follow ups with the ARTO himself, finally got the RC smart card today. Phew!! They claimed to have finally have found the file, but the guy doing the computer entry said it was cleared as 'backlog' case and thus cleared.

I was never so relieved and happy after receiving a piece of plastic card. Alas, this happiness was short lived. These guys had goofed up on printing - the tax paid was mentioned as valid until 08/2013. Damn!! That's just 2 more months, while I have receipt for life time tax. So it should have been printed at LTT on the card. The staff tried to shoo me away by saying that its ok and that anyways the database showed the entry as "Life time tax" paid on the their system. So I thought ok. Decided to thank the ARTO himself and went to his office to thank him. He was glad that the issue was resolved. He looked at the card and immediately said it should have "LTT" printed. Oh man, it starts again, so once again I go behind these fellows in the RTO office and to my bad luck the person in charge had just left on half day leave. So now I need to get a new card printed on Friday. So far the story. Lets see how it goes on Friday.

I wonder, where was the bottleneck? Why was the file not cleared? Was the file lost? If so, was it really found later? Then why was the case cleared as backlog issue.

Meanwhile I am mighty relieved to get the RC smart card in whatever state it is. Something is better than nothing.

Thank you all folks. Time for the long pending ownership review of the white Italian angel.

Drive safe
    Deepak
    2 people like this.