1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: T-JET Fuel Economy

Thanks Ansal! I am trying to shift the gears in the range of 1500 to 2000 RPM. Hope that helps.

I came back from my native place on Saturday. While coming back to Mumbai from Pune, indicator was showing FE of 7 (speed 120-130 KM) !!! I drove in Mumbai for last 4 days and now it is showing 8! Till yesterday, I had half tank petrol, drove around 275 KM from the time tank was full. So I am assuming that there is something wrong with indicator. I am trying with tank full method and shall let you know.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: T-JET Fuel Economy

Hey anand, The FE of 7-8 are extremely and drastically low. How many kms have u driven the car yet. Mine is near 2500 and even today in the worst b2b traffic in delhi, i got 13.5 max speeds obtained was around 60. I have tried the tank full method a few times as well and that was giving me more or less exactly the same. The tank full method i used last week gave me around 14. So the reading seems to be alright at least in my case. When full, the "Range" generally shows around 650-670 on the indicator.

One thing i noticed as well, today the low fuel warning was there for the last 10-15 kms and the indicator was in between the red line, stopped and got the tank full. And it only took 38 ltrs of petrol. So i assume, even after the low fuel warning, theres 7-8 lts of petrol left or even more. Can nyone confirm on this ??
  3. Re: T-JET Fuel Economy

Hi Ansal,

So far I drove around 4000 KMs. Earlier I had tried tank full method two times and Fe was same as shown on indicator. But this time I was surprised to see this FE. When I drove on express way, instatnt consuption was showing in the range of 5-7 KMPL.

I was told by the dealer that Low FE indicator comes when around 5 ltrs of petrol is left in tank.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

uve already done 4000 kms, Gosh thats great. The FEshould have definetly gone up by now. Could you tell me ur Shifting patterns that u use generally. Also, Do u use the same Gas station always. Another thing, if none of the things work, ur ride is nyways near it first servise. Do get the things checked during that time but still, the FE 05 7-8 @ 4000 kms is too too low. Do provide the details.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: T-Jet mileage - Unimpressed - Impressive figures pg 3 &

Again, took the Jet Out today and in thw worst B2B traffic in Delhi, The Fe shows 13.5. I am absolutely amazed at the figuers Guys. I have almost crossed 2500 kms. Any one else getting these FE. Please post ur FE guys.
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore

Ansal

I am getting around 12.7 to 13.2 Km/l for the last three days in B2B traffic in Bangalore. Crossed 2650 Kms in total now.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

MODS - There are two similar threads, this one and the other one "T-Jet mileage - Unimpressed - Impressive figures pg 3 & 4" Could any Mods Merge this one with the Other Thread. Would be better for nyone looking for this specific information.

Threads Merged
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

That Great FE as well. Well done TJET. What about on the Highways ??
    Any long highway trips as of yet Rajen. I am only/mainly using it long Highway trips as of Now.
  9. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore

Ansal

During Christmas,travelled to Tamilnadu and Kerala. (Blr to Pollachi-Munnar-Thekkady- Theni-Dindigul-Karur-Bhavani-Salem-Blr). Total Kms 1220.FE is 14.2 Km/Lt which is good based on the some part of the road travelled in this trip and no of passengers (5 Adults and one child). The total Km is 2400 Kms.

Earlier travelled to Mysore and back. Got FE of 18 KML. Please refer to my review thread.
  10. Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

I don’t have this issue but now I’m scared of taking the car on deserted highways and being stranded in between after reading this from 1.2 owner. I usually take the car for very very long trip once in awhile. What should I ask SC guys? Since it comes into warranty, no one would easily agree to replace this. I would also need advice from pune guys who have already done this replacement. As Pune guys know, we only have Pandit as experienced service center ( can’t say about its reliability and urgency since its alone now). Should I go there only or any other SC would do. I have got TATA motors letter with so many authorized service centers ( never heard about them before).