1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Gopi Chella

Gopi Chella

Punto 3rd service check list

My fiat punto 1.3 multijet Active is ready for 3rd service(30000km or 2 years), i need some advice or suggestions on what are all the things needs to take care.
    Below are the list of problem i have with my car.

1. After proper alignment also both the outer layer of my rear tyres of my car got bald(No trace of buttons on the outer one layer of both tyres).
    2. Some times i am able to feel the smell from outside while car is running in AC.
    3. I want to fit fog lamp for punto active, is that possible ?

Is anyone faced same kind of above problem please advice.It would be great help if any existing thread information regarding to punto service. Particularly i am looking for service related check list.

Thanks, Gopi
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Welcome to TFI first. Since yours is a 3rd service/2yrs i request you to change all the fluids including the Power steering, brake, gear oil and the coolant. AppX bill amount would be around 8-9k max assuming that you have not asked the FASS to add anything or change anything extra.

1. I hope that Punto Active came with JK toranadoes. Those are useless tyres and 30k life with JK is amazing. Request you to throw the JK's out and switch to some other brand. My JK's in my active went fully bald in 18k.

2. There will be control nob below above the A/c switches. Pull the nob to the direction of Recirculation mode. I guess now the mode would be with outside air.

3. Yes you can fix emotion/dynamic fog lamps to Punto Active. It would cost you around 4k and FASS would be able to fix it for you.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ratish

ratish Timido

Beware of rickshaw drivers on rainy day

Got a dent from rickshaw driver yesterday during heavy rain at palayam junction, TVM. Good things are that the metal did get exposed and no one inside my car knew that the rickshaw had hit my car except myself which i realized through minor jerk in my steering. Thanks to the heavy rain and good sound insulation. :),
    Now in a doubt if i should fix this dent or not. Please suggest. IMG_0038.jpg IMG_0043.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The thread heading should be "Beware of rickshaw drivers on any day".

They are a law into themselves. At least on Delhi roads.
  5. Solution to this problem is Civic authorities should build freeways in the city and set minimum speed to be 60 Kmph,also charge a fee for road usage.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Water movement noise

Today it rained heavy in Bombay.I waded the car through water logged roads may be 5-6 inch or more water most of times at slow speed.On back I noticed some water movement noise (as if water moving in a big bottle or tank) behind driver side seat when I applied sudden break.i checked it 10-15 times and water movement noise was still there when break applied as if some water is collected somewhere.I checked the carpet in the rear side and front and its not wet from top and no sign of dampness on the top at all(I also pressed to check if water underneath).i normally drive with music so i am not sure whether the noise was there before but one thing I could smell little (u can say faint and it goes away once windows rolled down for some time) dampness smell in car ever since rains started.Guys what it would be

1.Can water enter inside from under body as car wade through water logged roads,
    2. Is it AC drain water but I cant feel any wetness on the carpet front or back.
    3. Is there any other place under body where water can get collected and make movement noise.
    4. or is it fuel movement noise when aggressively applying break.

kindly reply.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

The Rick guys in Bombay gets bashing everyday for their rash driving.You cant get any money out of them so just bash them up.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

If metal is not exposed, there is no risk of rusting. If you can live with the dent, then carry on.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Water can enter through holes in underbody lift the car check and if rubber plugs are ok or not, they can get damaged by underbody hit and they do detoriate with age.
    Aggressive braking does cause fuel to create noise when moving.

Even I can smell little dampness smell when its raining checked every nook and corner but its all dry, must be coming from engine bay insulation area after it gets wet.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013