1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Re: New Cars coming with BOSCH music system?

@vijay
    I asked FIAT around 3 days back regarding the 7 month old model(i put up a query on their) site..but as expected, now that I have already bought the car.. there was no response from them.
    My main concern was if they might have done some "secret" improvements in the newer model which might be missing in the older model. But I am really surprised if all the FoxT azure models would be June manufactured since its not a fast moving colour. May be anyone else who has a FoxT azure Punto 90bhp can comment.

Regarding the rust part I will wait as you say to see if it improves.

@livelyyoungman
    The dealer said he would give me the Form22 on Jan5th.. so anyway its too late . My major concern was regarding some secret improvements which I might miss. I am taking the car tothe service station right now to see what they say about the rust. I put the query to FIAT but till now there has been no response from them.

Thanks for the inputs!!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

Rusting is wheel is normal things are present in most of the car. So nothing to worry about that.
  3. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Yes Bhai,

You are very right....
    Vendor of Clutch Assly.(Clutch Plate/Pressure Plate/Bearing) is Valeo.
    Vendor of Clutch Master Cylinder & Slave Cylinder is also Valeo.

I had faced this problem of Clutch Master Cylinder & Slave Cylinderfailure twice. This time they told me that the faulty plastic part has ben replaced by the metal part and hopefully same problem will not occur again.

I also get changed my stock Clutch Assly.(Clutch Plate/Pressure Plate/Bearing) with genuine spare part.... both were made by Valeo.
    And there is a visual difference in the quality of the Genuine spare part and the stock part. Some small small parts in Clutch pressure plate were made up of plastic in genuine spare but they were of Metal in the stock clutch assembly. I also questioned this with mechanic at Dhingra motors in Gurgaon but he told me this what Fiat is supplying as a genuine spare part. Fiat should stop cost cutting on atleast these kind of vital parts.
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: Punto 90HP - Query

@vivek_lko : its not rust....its a layer of oxidized metal formed on top of you wheel mounting....if you take a sand paper and scrub the top layer it will expose the new shiny metal layer.....which will again get oxidized after some time.....it does not impact car in any way....just leave it there and have fun driving.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: did it !!

:( Sorry to hear this.. dents are best left to experts, no DIY unless that happens to be your job.
    If painting is required, then the entire door will have to be painted and if you plan to go without insurance, it should be around 5K. If painting is not required, then it should be less than 1K.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Good job Pradeep. Very good observation. It means you know other than wheel Spinning. ::T
  7. Re: did it !!

Vikas, pls post the picture for experts to assess the damage.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: punto 90hp-issues not rectified

october 28th, i got my punto home . and 29th i pointed about seat issue to service centre.

i am convinced that it is not tata but fiat india management (or whoever) with loose pants and worn shoes. they just cant make it on track. esle if not the spare parts they can atleat respond to e-mails!!!

now it is exactly 2months and 7 days. three e-mails i have already send, and also two e-mails by service center manager (as he said) but
    nothing done. and no response. today i will visit service center again and inquire about the same.

let me see how they deal it. after 2 months and a week.

ps:- still i am happy with my punto!!! kudos to fiat . the car is splendid with just everything right for me to be happy about.
  9. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

Hey!
    I also cover my car most times. I was told by the FIAT (dealer) that the antenna is flexible and need not be removed if you have to cover your car. I was told not to remove the antenna from the car. In fact, one of the car accessories shop owner here in South Delhi said the same thing - that the antenna is flexible and need not be removed before covering the car. U just have to make sure that your car in general and the antenna area in particular are free of dust and grime, before you cover the baby.

I hope this helps.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

ALso, i think GP cover comes with the slot for the antenna to be inside, and if you use such covers, it would not be an issue.