1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Hi all,
    Just completed 1700 kms in my 3 months old punto and yday I started having typical problem.My front left side door was not at all getting locked and the the dashboard was always showing left side door open.
    Since mine being punto dynamic having central locking it did not allow me to lock the doors manually by pushing the levers.The result is the car is in parking unlocked.
    Also while driving,the doors were automatically getting locked and unlocked intermittently.So it seems some issue with the electronic sensor.Iam planning to goto TASS on friday.
    Any such experiences for any one here and is there any manual way of locking the doors??

Please help!!
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Just FYI.
    Sedate driving @ 70-80kmph, rpm @ 1500-2000(midway most of the time), 100% highway drive, 2 on board, AC on, Moderate traffic. It was showing 27.8 till about 10km before this was clicked, but dropped to 26 since the traffic on the 10km stretch was high. I was actually waiting to see if i could get more, but since the traffic increased i decided to click at least @ 26. The trip went on for another 35km but the traffic increased and the average mileage dropped to 24.5.

What i am trying to say is that you car is technically capable of doing good mileage. Either it could be some small technical glitch which is preventing it or it could be your driving style. Suggest to keep an eye on "Instant mileage". You can have a live conversation with your car with this. Your car will tell you at what driving conditions(road conditions, load, traffic and driving) will it be able to give you the best. Adjust accordingly. mil.jpg
  3. PraveenP

PraveenP Timido

Bangalore
    Extended Warranty - How it works

Hi, Would require fellow members advice on how the extended warranty works, help with escalations, who should I be approaching

I purchased my fiat punto in Oct 2009 and had taken an extended warranty for (2 +2 years). Recently (April 2013), during a routine service at Vecto Bangalore, the service advisor has mentioned there was an issue with my power steering oil leakage and explained to me that the entire unit has to be replaced and this is covered under extended warranty. Finally after the initial DMS issues at Vecto and many follow ups a request for extended warranty was raised on 11th June.

My SA advices me today that FIAT had rejected the warranty request because the power steering oil was not changed at end of 2 years (During 3rd Free service) . I have sincerely followed the service schedule and given my car for 3rd Free service on 30th Sep (2 years). If the service center (Concorde Motors Chennai) hasnt replaced Power steering oil as part of the 2 year checkup how can I be penalized for this. How is the consumer expected to ensure that the oils are changed or replaced?

Any help/ advice please
  4. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Hi all,
    Just completed 1700 kms in my 3 months old punto and yday I started having typical problem.My front left side door was not at all getting locked and the the dashboard was always showing left side door open.

Since mine being punto dynamic having central locking it did not allow me to lock the doors manually by pushing the levers.The result is the car is in parking unlocked.
    Also while driving,the doors were automatically getting locked and unlocked intermittently.So it seems some issue with the electronic sensor.Iam planning to goto TASS on friday.
    Any such experiences for any one here and is there any manual way of locking the doors??

Please help!!
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is a checklist at the rear of the service coupon, meant for the service center. The checklist mentions the list of works to be carried out and for second year servicing, and it includes replacing power steering oil, along with other fluids. If you had requested not to replace PS oil during 30k service, then it is your flaw.
    Send an email to service.india@fiat and mangesh, sharing all the details.
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    T Jet Mileage ?

Hi Folks,

I have finalized my next car as the new T Jet and planning for a TD this weekend. I have been hearing varying opinion about the mileage that T Jet is offering. I can see that there are lot many passionate T Jet owners in this forum. I request you to please help by posting the real mileage that you are getting in different conditions..

Note : Whatever the mileage is, it is not going to impact my decision greatly :D. But I think it is better to know what you people are getting.

Thanks to all in advance :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was thinking of same thread.
    I also would like to know the realistic mileage figure of T-JET.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It depends on multiple factors - road & traffic conditions, fuel quality and your driving style, to name a few. Here are my findings:

1. 70% City outskirts (not so good roads with moderate traffic) + 30% City (Better roads, but with denser traffic) - 14 KMPL - 17 kms one way
    2. 100% City (Moderate roads with B2B traffic for most of the distance) - 11 kmpl - 20 kms one way
    3. 100% Highway - 4 lane divided for 80 km + 2 lane undivided for 150 kms + 20 km Ghat (B'lore to Tirupathi) - 18 kmpl

All done with 100% AC on, set at full auto 22 degrees. I will update with pics, post my trip to Sabarimala this weekend.

Rajan
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Rajan and all thebest for your Sabarimala trip :D !!!

This 18 kmpl on highway is real good, what was the average speed and rpm ?
  10. PraveenP

PraveenP Timido

Bangalore
    I havent requested any thing like not to replace PS oil, I assumed the checklist on the back of the service coupon is sincerely done, maybe should have done a verification of the bill with the checklist.. Can you please provide me Mangesh details so that I can send the mail.