1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    When it becomes unavoidable, I use sunshades for Windshield and windows to prevent sunlight directly falling on the dash and other plastics.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I don't have any other option but to park my cars out in the open. About 6 years back the windshield of my Santro developed crack due to heat.

So now I switch the air circulation to "fresh air" & open a window slightly so that hot air can escape.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. Is it availble in the market, i saw some in JC road but i doubted the use as it was some not so known brand stuff.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

I think 3M only has these films, that's when i checked last time around
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I have been parking my cars (Alto & Punto) under direct sunlight at work for around 4.5 yrs. I have seen couple of cars with windscreen covers for both front and rear. These should help in minimising the effect of direct sunlight to the car's interiors. Something like these

For the window glass, we can use the stick on type covers, which many of us use after the stupid SC ruling regarding the sun screens.

IMG Courtesy: Google
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I have been recommended a new product called Mount NANO glass sealant kit, by a close friend who has got it done on his car. It is claimed to do all of the following:

• Repels rain by causing water to bead up and roll away due to its hydrophobic properties which are long lasting water and dirt repellent.
    • Anti stick effect helps prevent and remove contaminants, insects, ice and frost, sleet, snow, ice, bugs, and road spray from sticking to car glass.
    • Mount Nano glass sealant helps in restoration of head light and tail light by clearing dirt and dust deposit layers on car glass leading to higher clarity for head lights.
    • 100 % UV protection & stabilizers which reduce vehicle heat, prolonging interior life.
    • The sealant is UV-resistant and resistant against mechanical and chemical influences.
    • Long term Anti Scratch proof protection on car glass windshield.
    • Anti Glare effect for Day & Night time driving.
    • Mount Nano application lasts 1 year in most harsh and dirtiest environment.

I have emboldened the features that caught my eye. The product is made in Germany and is imported by a local vendor in Bangalore. I am contemplating getting this done. Will post a review, when I get this done.

3 people like this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

Yes ! 3M do sell them.. CR70 is the film which is almost transparent.. BUT will cost 7k approx for the front windshield alone..
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    How effective is this ? Will it reduce the temperature inside the car ? Are you using the sliver colored shade or the black transparent shades ?

Any idea about the cost of this kit ? Is it the same film type (CR70 that Mohankv has mentioned) ? Can we apply this to all windows ?
  9. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Fuel Efficiency of Punto MJD 75bhp

My punto's (2010 MJD Emotion) fuel efficiency figures droped to 16KMPL average with 80% of it driven on highways at 80 - 110kmph. She has always gave me around 18KMPL. I can't think of what's wrong :confused:. Can you guy's provide some inputs. I got her serviced around 3 months back and this is my highway trip after that.
  10. If you drive her at 80 and with light foot you get over 22 kmpl, it all depends on how hard you go at the pedal to go to 80 or 110, i do drive in these speeds but i go to 120 kmph and go light foot to allow car to come down to 80 kmph then i again rise to 120 kmph.
    This style of driving gives me in excesses of 24 kmpl. I do get only 14-15 when i go hard at the pedal to reach to 100. anything like 3000 RPM and above will get you less FE.

But looking at your case why dont you get EGR/MAF/MAP/Intercooler and Manifold cleaned once if you have crossed 30 kms.There is thread called EGR cleaning you can check it once.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013