1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    You always have the option to go to consumer court, but I doubt if it would help. FIAL is NOT refusing to repair your vehicle, its just taking time. I don't think that's going to be held up in court until you can show that you have suffered financially due to it.

Maybe some law expert can throw more light on the matter.
  2. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    tommorow i am meeting one of my friend who deals with consumer redressal. will talk to him about. isnt it duty of car manufacturer and dealership to provide with spares and after sales service?
  3. Try akosha.com, they seem to be doing good in such issues.
  4. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    Which brand is condenser of fiat linea mjd, dealer is telling me that condenser of KALE brand is not available with fiat.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Parking under direct sunlight - Adverse effects ?

I have noticed that many people are parking their cars under direct sunlight for the whole day. Even I was forced to do that in my previous company where they didn't have covered parking facility. In my experiance, the car gets really hot in the interior due to this and it is tough to drive it for few minutes even when the A/c is on.

My question is, will this prolonged exposure to hot sun (especially in Chennai's summer :eek:) have any adverse effects to the car interiors ? Will it affect the durability of the interiors specifically the plastics parts, music system etc ?

I haven't seen any posting on this topic yet, I request all of you to post your thoughts here :)...
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Parking under direct sunlight - Adverse effects ?

I hate to park in the sun and make sure the car has some kind of shade. Bird poo is better than that heat wave torture to the car.

Under unavoidable circumstances I park and use sun shades for the windshield and side windows.

It is definitely not good for the electronics and interiors. Carcinogenic gases are emitted due to the UV effect on the interior plastic. Not advisable to start driving away immediately.

Another option is to get some good transparent sun films installed. Definitely reduces the heat and the UV effects.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Also will the exterior paint gets faded or loose its new charm upon prolonged exposure to SUN rays?
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    FYI/A.. please in such conditions don't jump into the car immediately causes suffocation due to poisonous gases emitted by the plastic parts of interiors. Open the doors -> lower the windows -> switch on the AC -> 1 min Get in and Zoom..
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Since we own both a light-coloured as well as a dark coloured car , but have covered parking for just one , I have some experince with this issue :) . To summarise , in terms of comfort

Light colour/covered parking > light colour/open parking , dark colour/covered parking >> dark colour/open parking.

At least in Gurgaon , open vs covered parking makes a huge difference in terms of driving comfort/AC effectiveness. Especially , if your drive is short , by the time the car starts cooling down and the AC starts making a difference , you have already reached your destination , sweating :)

That would mostly depend on the diet of the birds I guess :D. Again , speaking from experience , dried bird poop is very harmful for the car's paint. For me it turned out to be a daily routine where the birds would decorate my car's hood in the morning. By the time I was ready to leave , it would have dried and unless one spends a lot of time softening the droppings prior to wiping off , it leaves scratch marks - not a scenario you would want to encounter everyday.

An interesting article I found :

The real reason why bird droppings damage your car - Telegraph

No question on this..again , especially true for darker colours
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    In Jaipur summer, one alto and scorpio's windshield developed crack due to heat. Our office didn't have any sheltered parking and the temperature was approx 44-45 degrees.

To prevent heat building up inside, keep some gap in the windows (lower the glass) just adequate to let the heat /gas escape.

Fantastic discovery : The real reason why bird droppings damage your car !!
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013