1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Did you search?? Please search in the Test Drive (Or something) section. Youll find my TD experience of the same car.
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. Harshad M J

Harshad M J Timido

Trivandrum
    Thanks guys, got it fixed yesterday at TASS simple affair takes less then 10 minutes
    did an overall check up as well at Mohandas Motors
  4. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    Thnks for reply, they told me that after replacing cooling coil(culprit for gas leakage) they checked the AC after filling gas. When the checked condenser of car blasted. Its noice was like of bullet.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I still fail to understand the cause of the blown up condenser.

from my little know how,
    the heat exchanger/ condenser could have been choked in the 1st place and combined with gas leak that you reported reported might have lead to your car a.c not working.
    however after filling up the gas, the pressure of the expanded gas might have had an effect.
    reason : hot gas unable to traverse via condensor could have escaped from a tiny spot and as compressor was pushing more gas to heat exchanger it might have lead to blown out condenser... its my logic and i might be wrong.

pic : courtesy gearheads.in

image.jpg
  6. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    But they checked gas leakage, and they didnt report any leakage in condenser. They said leakage is in cooling coil. I had already replaced condenser some 8months ago.
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks, I have read this. What I am interested to know about 2013 version is whether any improvements are there in plastic quality, ride & handling and the gear shift :-D
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks to all for sharing the details..
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Was this issue resolved? What was the issue and how did it get fixed?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    o ho ho. This is the exact thread i was looking for when i posted
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/9933-high-engine-clatter.html

copy from that thread
    - - - Merged Post - - -

here are the things replaced in the last service (done about 20 days ago by Vecto motors )

1.) timing chain
    2.) Fuel filter (that's what he says, but he's unable to find the service recepit to confirm the same)
    3.) Engine oil . ( Although FASC claim they have changed the oil in a matter of 20 days the oil has reduced by 35% at least when measured via the dipstick)

There are no leaks, no pipe issues, no cracks or cuts anywhere.
    Turbo is having a problem as well. It does not kick at 2000rpm at all. I can hear the turbo spooling but that does not translate into a kickback even under hard acceleration.
    Once it reaches 3000-3100rpm then i feel the kick till then its just useless.

Battery terminals were reset but still no respite