1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mail2maverick

mail2maverick Timido

Bangalore
    Yes Rajan, it does. But onething, in the user manual, Fiat mentioned that we need to slot the reverse gear and wait for 2 seconds. Many times, the logic worked for me or else slot in 1st gear and then reverse gear, reverse gear will engage flawlessly. hope this helps us!
    1 person likes this.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks to all of you for the comments :D.

After reading all these comments, I was wondering whether do we have any option to correct this rubbery shift by replacing something ?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    In typical software lingo - It is not an error. It is a feature. Get used to it :D

I have never had this issue ever before in my earlier cars from various stables - 2 Japanese, 1 Korean, 1 German and 1 from the same manufacturer. What confuses me is very simple - How can someone build a car that inspires the driver to take curves at triple digit speeds, without batting an eyelid, but expect the same driver to slot into reverse and then wait for a couple of seconds? :D

Not that I am complaining. I barely drive for long in reverse anyway ;D

Rajan
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. mail2maverick

mail2maverick Timido

Bangalore
    i am with you Rajan on this, completely.:-D Infact, a good gear shift will take our TJET's to another level.
  5. Please wait for a day or two,your dealer SA might call you.
  6. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    Its 6 days since i mailed, even i have no other option that waiting for reply. Dealer must have placed AOR priority order for their fault but to my surprise the order is normal order that takes 8-10 days on average. What the solution can be for these unexpected delays/problems caused by service station to customers.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Its not very good on part of FIAT, but 8-12 days is the average time for them to deliver the part to the service centre.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Suraj, sorry to hear about this.
    If i were you, i will seek in writing a report on how this thing exploded. It cant explode on its own for sure.- does everyone agree to this point ? Else we are sitting in a time bomb machine and imagine FIRE hazard in petrol engines :(

i did a short course in refrigeration and air conditioning (as i wanted to work in middle east and make monies..) and if i remember correctly, in refrigerators, the refrigerant or gas was filled using a service pipe or filler, it gets sealed with a gas welder and alloy with brass filler to stop the refrigerant or gas from escaping and they check it with a soap solution for any minor leakages as well.

if the above procedure was carried out on the car, high chances that gas cutter or heater used might have caused some problem and lead to the Condenser to explode.

if you obtain the procedure carried out, get this thing verified by an outside expert in refrigeration a mechanical engineering lecturer or Head of Dept might vouch on how these things work in principle and what circumstances can leadto this disaster.

Armed with the required information approach dealer to fix it at their cost if the fault lies in their workmanship and if they don't respond send a scanned copy to Fiat officials, if nothing works in your favor consider next steps like consumer court.
    1 person likes this.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Any reviews 2013 Linea/Punto ?

Haven't seen any reviews on 2013 Linea/Punto in this forum. Can any one share their experiances ?
  10. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I cannot open Linea boot door from the button in dashboard. The failure is intermittent. Boot opens fine manually using the key or using the button on remote.

The dashboard button is for mechanical release or electronically controlled?
    Last edited: May 30, 2013