1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If u car is in warranty the TASS will replace the wire and lever for free...happened with me as well...
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My car is in EW but anyway will take help of my trusted mechanic and see what he says . Based on that i will take a call
  3. mail2maverick

mail2maverick Timido

Bangalore
    You are right Mate, Tjet has rubbery gear shift. In a bumper to bumper traffic, it would be quite annoying with poor gear ratios, and long clutch travel cum hard rubbery gear shift. However, if u want to enjoy this beast, u got to drive in highways. If u r not worried about the thrill's and bhp, u can still enjoy the tjet. after a hectic day, u will not mind driving tjet back home
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Engine bonnet is not opening when i pull the concerned lever

Ok the problem is solved for the moment.
    When the assembly was opened Harish noted that the release mechanism had come loose.
    And suggest I get it replaced.
    For now it had been restored but can't say when it will fail again

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi mail2maverick, Thanks for your update.

I understand that you own a TJet Plus. I would like to know whether you came across any problems like I faced with my Palio, is it making a screechy noice during gear shifts ?

My only worry is about that, other wise I am convinced about T Jet.

Waiting impatiently for the re-launch :p !!! Hope FIAT will do some thing about this in the upcoming version...
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    To understand what a rubbery gear shift is , you will have to drive a car with a rubbery gear shift :)

In words , it feels like there's a rubber band in the gear shift when you're shifting - you shift to second from first , feels like the rubber band is trying to pull the gear back to first. It's certainly not any kind of hard resistance , more like a stretchy/rubbery resistance..

This is as opposed to "clicky" gearshifts , the good gearshifts - where the gear just clicks into the notch..

Hope that helps.

PS - I'd still drive a TJet with a rubbery gearshift over most cars :p

PS2 - For the screeching reverse problem , one solution I found that works in many cars is this : instead of shifting from neutral to reverse , you shift to first and then to reverse..
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So would I, any day :clap

Guess after driving the Palio for 77K kms over 5 years, I got used to the gear shift. I find the T-Jet's gear shift about the same as Palio's. One odd behaviour of the Jet - sometimes the reverse gear refuses to engage, unless I move forward at least a few millimeters.

Rajan
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    I mailed on all emails, but till now nobody called me and no solution. Its 10 days now my car is still in service station. Oder placed on 23rd nd still product is not received in service station. It looked FIAT operated service stations can change FIATS image but it didnt look like. What i should do nw.
  9. mail2maverick

mail2maverick Timido

Bangalore
    Yes, it does. If you do not make perfect shifts. It does make tak tak noise. In fact both clutch and gear shift becomes tight. Having said that, i drove 2013 linea and 2013 punto 90 hp, the clutch travel has improved(u dont have to press longer) and in fact it was bit sporty. i was able to maneuveur, especially in punto 90 hp. We may expect the same in upcoming TJET next month.

As of now, the gearbox in punto and linea are similar to palio's gearbox. Chennai guys who has contact with chrysler, made me understand that Fiat is working on a new gearbox and it would be available in 2014 linea/Punto and it might come in Abarth models as well by third quarter of 2013. Hope that helps :)
    2 people like this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    There is nothing called Rubbery Gear shift or Click Gear shift technique ;), When You slot gear in Fiat car, you will feel that you are pushing gear over rubber, and other cars like switch on off feel ( click feel).

I am feeling the same in My Fiat, and experienced the click feel in VW,Hyundai, Cruze test drive. This just a way of gear slotting feel, nothing related to any problem in any car ( Fiat, VW, Hyundai or Chevy or any other).

Your issue might be with other parts as you mentioned. So be happy and drive your T jet ( or Plus) happyly :).

- - - Merged Post - - -

Not only you Rajan, we also feel the same in Punto and got used to it :).
    1 person likes this.