1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    18K thats too much,he and the insurancewala might have planned something else with your money :D
    i have reparied my rocker panel with big deep dent of depth 4 inches and in length wise near about half a feet.i got it repared from local shop costing me 1500 Rupees.
    Rocker panel job is very tuff job.
    In your case its minor job it should not cost you more than 4K, if getting done in the service centre.
  2. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

FIAT service exploded my condenser- now even worse outcomes

i own fiat linea mjd 2009 model, my AC stopped working due to gas leakage and i gave my car to Cargo Motors Jalandhar,exclusive fiat dealership. they checked for gas leak and told that it may be in cooling coil, so they opened dashboard and told me that they found the leakage that is in cooling coil. so they replaced cooling coil, and next day they called me up and told me that while checking AC, condenser exploded.i had already replaced condenser before 10 months. i talked to after market AC repairer, he told me that its there fault, AC condenser cant be exploded without fault. so i talked to Fiat customer care and they registered complaint and told me that thay will call me back. also Cargo Motors told me that there is no availability of condenser in whole india.so part will take about 10-015 days
    please tell me what i should do now.
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  3. Give sufficient time to FASS to arrange the part from their end, may be few days if things did not move escalate to FIAT management.
  4. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

what should i do for the condenser that exploded. they are asking me to pay.
  5. adicoza786

Mileage drop by 2 km MJD Punto

Hi All,

I am a very proud and happy owner of Fiat Punto MJD. The current kms reading is around 23k in less than a year.

However off late I have been facing a peculiar issue with my mileage and power. Till 22k kms my car used to give me a mileage of 15.2 kms
    with in Bangalore city. However since last 3 weeks i see that the mileage has gone down suddenly to 13km/l. I also noticed that the power
    of my car has gone down. I mean I see that the car behaves very sluggish in 2nd gear which was not the case earlier.

However the mileage on long drive has remained at 18kmpl to 19kmpl which was the case earlier too.

I perfectly remember that this happened after one sudden day (no particular incident which could have caused this issue).

I have done the suggested servicing at 5k and 15k respectively. But now I am worried after this incident.

6. Escalate to FIAT management.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have noticed this happening with my punto showing 12/13 km since few weeks but its nothing to worry as we are driving in high temp in the mornings, heavy rains in the evenings with B2B traffic more stress on punto. Take a drive on normal day you can check for yourself if the problem persists.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

In city driving, variables keep changing almost instantly. On one drive i may encounter almost no red lights and on another it may seem the lights are on a,mission against me. Same goes for the traffic etc. The point being - it is hard to get a similar figure in city driving day after day unless you can reproduce the conditions of driving in an absolutely exact manner. Your driving as well as the environment in which you drive.

As you say the highway figure is fine, so i wouldn't bother much about the city figure.
  9. adicoza786

I agree gurjinder with you on the point that since highway mileage has more or less remained same it is safe to assume that there is nothing amiss. However I exactly remember the day when I felt something was wrong with my car.She was not giving me the usual response with kind of a power drag which was big and since that day its the same story. So I am little worried. Could there be a problem with the engine oil? I mean just wanted to be sure that they have changed the engine oil on 15k servicing or just topped it up. I went to shell Bunk last week and they did a free check and they said oil is less. However since i could not trust those guys I checked it myself & it seemed within the range but was pretty dark in color. Will it be better if i drain the oil completely and add new or shall i go for 3rd servicing early @23k kms while the manual says 30k.

Thanks all for your comments.