1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rituraj, Hope you are not hurt with the slip. It might cost him 3-3.5k. I had such incident. The guy parked his new Swift just a foot behind my car and there was one more car of my neighbor parked in front of mine. The guy parked behind was seeing me taking reverse but didn't give enough space. The bumper hit his and his front bumper had scratches. We took his car to nearby Maruti showroom and they told it may cost him around 3700 overall. I paid him 3000 as he was reluctant to go with insurance and I was supposed to go hospital. I simply cursed that guy that he also will have my such situation with at least a guy who owns a Mercs/BMW/Jaguar.
  2. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Thanks guys.

Waiting for the Insurance guys to come up with quote and till then, taking rest with my bruises :(
    Lesson learned: Always be cautious on Indian roads and never speed up in city, even if traffic is free :p
  3. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    New Enemy for my Punto -Rats

Today morning when i started the car warning lights were blinking and showing msg "Check RHS light" found that the indicator lights were not working,Taken her to KHT and they found the wires were cut by rats.

Any idea how to tackle this mess? because i parks my park in outdoor and only uses her in Weekends.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Got this fixed at RDC on Friday. Looks like a wire snapped inside the lock.
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

so here is the update, this guy is saying he has got a quote of 18k of which 6k will have to be paid (rest insurance) which i still found steep, the damage was something similar to blackened reason in this pic.

I have asked him to first send me the quote (to check what all they are reapairing) as I am myself bed ridden due to bruises, have borrowed some time from him.

Isn't 18k too steep ?? I have no idea of how servicing works, even if you get whole door dented and painted (should cost 5-6k), that is what my friend paid for figo.

Pleas also suggest any shops nearby marathalli (its a silver dzire so repainting should not be a problem). Else i will check with sai colorium.
    hit.jpg
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is the damage to the door or the rear quarter panel?

If door - then 18k is ultra ridiculous. I had the complete Palio repainted last month in 15k including denting work :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    18 K for that? I think he is planning on also getting a lot of other things done, at your expense. Too bad that people do not value honesty and the willingness to own up to one's mistake any longer. You did the right thing asking him for the quote.

I had a scrape with a BMTC bus in my Palio. The rear LHS door handle area was bent into the door, the rear LHS C pillar had a dent the size of a football and Sai Colorium dented and painted all of that for 5 K. Of course, that was back in 2009. Still 18 K does not sound right.

Rajan
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Its on the front left door :)

Funny thing, he hasn't reverted back with quote yet :p I hope no manipulation :D :D

10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Please go to Sai Colorium with the Dzire guy and get an estimate from them. 1086702d1369288389-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 18 k is just too much.