1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Thanks a lot folks. I'll try and find out what really is happening inside the RTO.

I guess driving out of the town is out of the question - so trips this weekend and next weekend is ruled out - my family is going to hate this :(
  2. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Hi all,

Just spoke to a contact of another RTO. According to him, its the RTO's problem if the file is missing as the regn number is already issued to me. He has promised to find out more in a couple of days. Will keep you all posted on this.

Thanks once again.

With best regards,
    1 person likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

In India, have owned a Hyundai (Santro), Maruti (Dzire) and now Linea (& a Nano btw). Of the lot, I'd say that the build quality of Linea is quite solid, Dzire is also decent. But Santro impressed me on account of the fact that it stayed absolutely rattle-free for all of its 45000km tenure with me. I think it was quite well put-together car. Mine was a Dec2002 model.
    Dzire was good, but the body side panels did feel a bit soft . Boot lid was just a tinsheet. OTOH, strangely, I feel that the bonnet of the Dzire was a touch heavier to handle than even the Linea.
  4. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Maybe u lost ur mind..hw u r comparinf fiat quality with maruti??they r far aprt in terms of quality..nd regarding ur paint quality..itz again completely wrng...bcoz whn i met an accidnt with nthing hppn to my palio..nt evn paint pills off...nd that toyata also had a bumpr protctor...nd where are d pics???

Mods Note: Please do not use SMS lingo while posting. Read http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/9288-tfi-rules.html#post161515 for more information.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ditch, gravel -> Skid in Bike -> Bamm

Hi folks,

I was noticing this ditch for always on my commute through old airport road, but didnt thought I will suffer one fine day.
    This morning I was on my bike and couldn't notice the ditch and ended up loosing balance and bike skidded onto another dzire :(

Now I am sure none of his fault, as he was in a proper lane. I had shared my contact details with the guy (though damage is couple of scratches on door), I did told him to check with insurance and what ever is not covered, I shall pay.

Now my worry, he has shared my contact with Insurance company. What will be the procedure followed here ?
    I am sure it should not be more than 4-5K damage to me.

Do share your experiences :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Unfortunate rituraj. But sometimes these can't be avoided.
    I think minor work and should not be big cost to fix it.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Also i think this is the best time you can suggest him to visit sai chorium as well.
    If the work is mild I'm sure sai chorium is going to charge him and in turn you , less than what the insurance guys will.

Hopefully the desire fellow will agree to this. If not you can try convincing him about the insurance claim and its pitfalls for his next premium tenure.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I recently got my Punto undented and painted. It was at 2 different sections. 1. On the hatch door, hit a pole during backup and 2. Whilst taking a corner the underside, below the door got hit by a low road kerb.
    both these costed me some 8.5k, paid 2.5 k from pocket.

considering u r case, you mentioned its only scratches, it can be a touchup or repaint, will not cost more than 4-5 k
  9. rajks

rajks Amatore

Rituraj, I am glad that you are Ok.

I had similar experience a year back on the Sarjapura raod when I banged on the rear of Wagon R as I couldn't stop my bike soon enough when the car stopped due to traffic. The car was driven by a old couple and their grandchild, I asked him if he is fine going with the insurance. He wasn't, so I took him to a Maruti service center and the total damage as 5K to my pocket:(. I later felt that I should have forced him to go for insurance and pay only for the damage that is not covered, but again it was my fault and I didn't want to argue with them in front of their grand child!
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I hope you came out well and without a scratch. Always good to take up responsibility if it was your fault. Couple of scratches shouldn't be too big a deal to set right. Worst case scenario - total door repaint. Well below 5k.

Much depends on what kinda guy the dejire dude is. A scooter guy rammed the palio from behind a couple years ago - bumper cracked+boot dent. We just shook hands and let the matter rest. Good karma will come back to you one day or the other. Mishaps just happen ; no one does them deliberately.

1 person likes this.