1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

I have a similar thing in my linea , will go to service center by month end to get it checked , very busy till 30 the May

Do share how your issue was addressed
  2. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Front right door lock broken

When I tried to use the spare key to open the door, the lock broke. I guess I turned it in the wrong direction, I am able to use the flip key to lock the car though. This happened 2 months back and I am planning to rectify it on first week of June when my second service is due.

I would like to know whether it's ok to wait for second service or should I rectify it now.
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    just go to RDC and ask them to diagnise the lock. They will tell you that the spares are not available. Ask them to order it and also book a slot for service in June and follow up regularly to get the spares
    2 people like this.
  4. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Will do Naveen.

Gotta love this:)
    2 people like this.
  5. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I have not received RC smart card even after almost 8 months of buying the new car. I have already done several visits to RTO (koramangala). Each time either someone responsible is absent/left for the day or is on holiday. Few times they showed me a registered and mentioned that it is already posted via speed post. When I checked the speed post details online it showed that it was sent back to koramangala sbo. Wonder what that meant. Now on recently checking at RTO they mentioned that the RC for my car was not approved yet (even though regn number has been issued) and that the file for my car is missing!! The fellow at RTO even told me not to drive the car as it is illegal to drive a car without RC. Is that true? Then what about the 1.5 lakh I paid as life time tax?
    The dealer (concorde motors, mysore road) on their part is playing hide and seek. I started follow up since the first month of ownership and there was always some kind of story from their side. For several months the concerned person would not even answer my phone call. Being busy I could not follow up as well. Now I am seriously regretting going with concorde motors and also with going for koramangala rto instead of rajajinagar rto, which I did on the insistence of concorde motors :(
    On follow up in April with concorde motors, the responsible took a photo copy of the tax paid receipt from me and mentioned that the file processing would be restarted as they will submit a duplicate of all the documents. This fellow assured me that the card should reach in about a months time. Now in May there is a different story, it seems the RTO is not willing to neither accept duplicate file nor search the original file. The concorde motors fellow didn’t bother to even call back until I checked for status.
    The concorde motors person has requested me to accompany me to the RTO tomorrow. Should I go along with him? So what should I do next?
    Also, is it illegal to drive without RC? I am heavily dependent on the car (18k kms in 7 months) so that would be difficult for me.
    What are my possible options?

1. Escalate issue at concorde motors and ask them to loan a car while the RC arrives.
    2. File a consumer court complaint on concorde motors
    3. File a RTI request at RTO
    4. Pay up a premium to these folks and get the issues resolved.

What else could I do? Please help
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Since the RC was returned to RTO by speed post, i have a feeling that Concorde cannot be held accountable. You should move in a more diplomatic manner and get this resolved at any cost. W/O RC you are inviting big time trouble for yourself and it will be difficult for you to wriggle out, if a situation( god forbid) arises. My advice would be to talk to good agent who has reasonable contacts in Koramangala RTO, if Concorde cannot help you out.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Did the online tracking show you as addressee? If it did, then India Post must have lost your card. If you still have the tracking number, you could approach the Koramangala SBO and request for details. I suspect it would be lying with them as undelivered.

If a registration number is issued, then there is no question of your RC not being approved. The number is issued only after approval. I smell a rat here. Guess that guy understands your plight and is trying to make a quick buck. As long as the car is registered in your name, there is no risk involved with driving.

None of the above. Firstly check with the SBO based on your speed post tracking number. If that attempt fails, walk into the nearest Police Station and file a complaint that your RC is lost and you need to file FIR. Take the copy of the FIR and apply to the RTO for a duplicate. If they question you about your previous complaint of non-receipt, tell them that they have dispatched it, but it was lost in transit. So you have no option but to apply for duplicate.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: RC card copy not recieved yet even after two months

Just yell at those guys.
    How ever unfortunate it is that's how things work here

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
  9. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot. The speed post tracking number showed that it went back to Kormangala SBO. So not sure what to do.

Sorry for being naive - On whom concorde or RTO? Will it work?

No, it did not show me as addressee. So not sure what is happening.

Yes, car was given a valid registration number. The registration number is mentioned on the tax paid receipt. I have seen my name and registration number in the series register kept at RTO. It has a speed post tracking number too.

Sorry for being naive - yell on whom? RTO or Concorde? Both I guess

I am getting very worried man. I do frequent trips out of station which I cannot avoid.
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    This seems to be best option, but i would recommend you go with concorde guy and try to understand what exactly is wrong. If it can be settled with some meagre amount, settle it that way so to avoid the long tedious route of applying a duplicate( Which would be more costly and time consuming) . If you have any contact in RTO dept, please use them because things will be very fast once some one from inside enquires about this. Even the office boy or peon there can do wonders if you hit the right strings:)

If nothing of the above works, do as what Patchyboy mentioned and apply for a duplicate after filing an FIR. Once you have an FIR lodged, you are insured on any legal issues which might arise in future and you have proof to showcase your innocence.