1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Srida, first of all get the service history and confirm that only damage was whatever SA informed you. Whatever damage has been mentioned by the SA can be the result of a dog hit at high speed! so theres nothing to worry. My car also had a dog hit at around 100 kmph and suffered damages to the same parts mentioned by you..

Just get the car examined thoroughly for peace of mind.

Also its very easy to examine and tell if any external metallic part like doors/ panels etc were changed. take it to any roadside mechanic for additional confirmation.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Srida there is no issues with the car as bumper and radiator replacement is more common nowadays. Ask your friend to check the front cross bar to see if the impact is more or less.

Ask him to retain the car with him.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Cross bar check will surely reveal if there was any accident to the vehicle need not remove the bumper and other parts for this..
    1 person likes this.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Srida,

Accidents are unavoidable and if car comes on road these misshapenings are bound to happen in some or the other way.Tell your friend to enjoy the drive and not to think about the accidental history.

Accidents can be zeroed only when car is stationery 24*7 and 365 days,that to inside a garage.Then why buy a car????cabs and taxis..
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    I do not agree if "Accidents can be zeroed only when car is stationery". My car was parked stationery out in portico and I observed rear windshield broken into peaces. I inquired if anything hit the glass but, nothing as such. Checked with Windshield expert they say it might be defective glass and can break due to excess heat.

So accidents can happen anywhere & anyhow.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nothing much to worry as he has the Grande in his Hands and think the Punto has taken over him, and he cannot part from it now, Thats what called a FIAT..

But do the DetaiLed inspection of the car at the FASS, and get all things rectified and let him claim the part of the bill from the Agent from where he took the car, or else can tell him he will not divert all his friends enquiries for used cars to other AGENT.
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Cinju, Did u find any permanent solution to the above prob. I am also seeing same prob in my car, very hard to drive during rain in night...
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    pdash yeah ofcourse. I would like you to try the below given solutions.

1) Basic thing to do is wipe out with news paper. Repeat it 2-3 times ie onece after drying sprinkle some water & repeat the task. Logical reason behind this is the carbon content in the ink used for printing is a good cleaning agent.

2) You can use white tooth paste for cleaning. Clean the surface thoroughly with news paper, apply some paste in one area (do it in small sessions) & rub off cleanly with a piece of banian cloth.Keep on rubbing until you feel the smoothness on the surface. This will definitely give good results & this really works. This wont do any harm to your glass.

Gud Luck !!
  9. drvivekmd

drvivekmd Timido

virudhunagar
    a peculiar A/C problem..

hi guys,my punto is 2500kms old,bought it from RDC fiat,chennai.i have never used it for long distances,except when i drove it from chennai.yesterday i returned from my mysore trip,which is around 500 kms from my place.i noticed this peculiar problem with the lower feet front seat A/C vents!!!
    when i started from my home,i set the AIR DISTRIBUTION KNOB in the extreme left position,i.e)to convey air only to the central and side vents..i didnt notice anything at the beginning,but after driving a hour or so,i feel that my feet have nearly become numb,from the cold,i immediately asked my brother sitting in the passenger seat,if his feet are cold?he said the same too.we stopped the car and started examining the vents..we found some cool air coming in from behind,under the dashboard,irrespective of the AIR DISTRIBUTION KNOB setting.it only stopped when we set the knob in its extreme right position,i.e)for quick windscreen demisting!we kept the knob in this setting and started off,it was ok in the highways(even though,the air circulation had reduced,and we started sweating,but it was ok,if we kept the fan at 4)the real problem started when driving slow in traffic or at nights,the precipitate starts building up on the outer surface of the front windshield.for the whole trip i had to alternate the AIR DISTRIBUTION KNOB,to the extreme right or left positions,in order to stay comfortable!!
    what do u guys think?do any of you have the same problem?is it normal in all fiat cars or is there a leak behind the dash board?believe me,i have driven/had many cars(sumo,indica,logan,manza),but never got my feet numb!maybe i am supposed to drive with my shoes on all the time...i usually comfortably drive bare foot,during long distance drives.i really love how this car rides and handles,except for these small niggles.this is the first complaint i am registering in my 5000km service,along with my left rear door problem(power windows and central locking,doesnt work!).
  10. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Should be problem with the vent closure, get it checked at service center. When you direct cool air towards windshield it starts to precipitate.