1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Please escalate to the possible highest level. We just cannot accept this kind of service. What is the fun of FIAT getting ranked as #2 in the customer satisfaction survey ! Customer having gone in for RSA should be treated on priority.

I give my vehicle for service at prerana motors - Bangalore, i recall only once i have given them good rating in the service feedback. FIAT does good job at front end, but TATA as a back-end serivce support is not that effective.

However, I must admit, post the JV (TATA-FIAT) FIAT customers including me are happy compared to earlier.

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Bit surprised to see your experience with RSA. Normally they should follow-up till the issue gets solved.

You should have reported this to Fiat, as RSA is handled by Europ Assistance India, and Fiat should ask the explanation. RSA can't just give the service head number and done, they must follow-up this the problem gets rectified.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

i wonder how come the clutch lever and cylinder go bad at same time . as i believe they are, even though connected but one is apple and other is tomato.

probably some driving atyle issue. may be the slave cylinder got stuck and the guy driving might have pushed the clutch hard enough and it broke.

let us hope we do not encounter such issues ever.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    First encounter with a Problem in my GP

I simply don't understand why should we be escalating for such a basic thing, which should be working on it's own. Shame on you Fiat, please please for heaven sake get rid of Tata service centers.

If I were a car manufacturer why would I allow someone to get their vehicle a step motherly treatment elsewhere. This is the only reason why I don't recommend Fiat to anyone, well I've got the patience and time and can handle it, not everyone can.

@ Ravi as quoted above do you think this basic function needs escalating? I wouldn't depend on RSA anymore, the guy a the other end never understood, I was with my friends and it was alright, what if I had my family. This is totally embbarasing. Now what do I do with those chief service head who never bothered to pick up the phone and the other one who plainly switched off the phone.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

If i were in your position, I would take the pain in sending one simple e-mail or post a feedback @ www.fiat-india.com. It helps FIAT to understand the ground situation, FIAT might see these things does not repeat.

Recently, i had requested for a Linea 1.3 MJD Quote with all the discounts from KHT Motors via their website, later called them there was no response. Quickly i dropped a feedback at Fiat website, and within a day i got a quote from KHT Motors, KHT also promised for a test drive of both 1.3 & TJet, however i was not interested in test drive, but needed the quote :)
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Alright dropping a quick note to service@fiapl and CEO's desk. Let's see what happens - Whatever happens VST Motors service head is going to get share of the sweet from myself :punch
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

To
    nmp

Vendor of Clutch Assly.(Clutch Plate/Pressure Plate/Bearing) is Valeo.
    Vendor of Clutch Master Cyliner & Slave Cylinder is also Valeo.

Both Cylenders are made of Plastic. So breakage is there.

In FIAT UNO/SIENA, FIAT was using rough & tough Metal cylinders made by TVS-Girlings or BOSCH.
    So there were no breakage/leakege problem in UNO/Palio/Siena.

Now FIAT is saving cost by using Plastic material to this extrme IMP part. :A

Because of Plastic Cylenders there are more failures & leakege problems & also Gear Shift problems.
    Many members have changed Slave Cylenders for 3-4 times because of its poor build quality.
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai

@bhai
    I could understand if Fiat had used some good quality plastic as it can be used for extreme conditions. But the one they have used is a cheap plastic.

Here is the Update: -
    Just spoke with Fortune, Thane. They advised me to bring the vehicle to the service center.
  9. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India

What is the situation with the MJD 90HP vehicles produced in Y2010 ? Do they also come with these Plastic Parts for Clutch Assy ?
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

The problem is not because of material of clutch cylinder. Clutch slave cylinders are mostly made from plastic. Plastic can easily handle the load from hydraulics used in hydraulic clutch setup + there is metal rod inside the plastic cover.
    The problem is with the design of old cylinders after complaints Fiat replaced the clutch slave cylinder in warranty but the problem is with Service Centers who didn't call the owners of cars which had old slave cylinder for replacing the cylinder or used the old cylinders that were in stock with them instead of using modified cylinders .