1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Thank u Bro. Even the SA said the same. But its bit late for me to claim for a replacement i think. :) any way i will live with this for another 5K and change the tyres.
  2. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Hello vishnu

I too felt the same thing while driving my uncle's car but during my later investigation it came to my notice that the vehicle suspension are designed for better ride quality on a GVW condition(i.e with all passengers in) wheareas for a single trips the ride quality is not upto the mark in bad roads as u said

They cannot expect customers to drive always with full load but in the future versions i think would be taken care of

Whatever the concern is i love driving FIAT as always......
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I made two people press the car from behind and there go chee chee sound from the dead axle bushes.My car has dome 70800 Kms and its year old.I get some rattling sound from door or some where I think its rear doors lock.Will get the fix done step by step.Now it can also be the dead axle bushes , dont know.

The bushes cost 2700 told by the Balaji exclusive SC in thane.That's steep price.I found in kava Motors and its costing rs 450 each and its new.Can somebody throw light on the price of these bushes.The problem is that can any mechanics fix these bushes.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Seat Height Adjustment Issue

Hi all, from the day i took delivery of my car, my height adjustable seat is moving down automatically. A month ago i had first service done and i also mentioned this problem to TASS but of no use. After the service i have noticed that my seat moves down 40%-50% within 2-3 days, i think its too much. The low quality adjustable lever also slips some times while i am increasing the height and sound comes like (kat-kat), same to the sound when we apply hand brakes.

Now i know i should take my car back to TASS but before taking it back i want to know from fellow members what may be the exact problem or what parts needs to be replaced.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Did you get fiat service involved? things will move faster..
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry brother, I didn't get your comment. Please explain...
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
  8. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Oh.....ok i will try but most of the people say that they do not hear back from them but i will definitely give it a try.

Cheers
  9. I think in this case, seat height adjustment lever has to be replaced. There was this problem with seat height adjustment mechanism where in it used to move down automatically in earlier generation puntos(2009) and Fiat had replaced them. I know this because even my Punto had the same problem and it was replaced by TASS after I reported it. But I've not heard of any such malfunctioning in newer generation (2010+) models.

Regarding the procedure, if you have already brought it to the notice of TASS and they are( i mean the service team) reluctant to admit or change it, try to get in touch with the CRM of the service center and see if you can get it resolved. You can also use FIAT service ID as mentioned by 'limraj'.
    Hope it gets resolved and do post your experience for everyone's benefit.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Nothing can be done about this, it is not moving down automatically. It happens only when someones thigh accidentally touch the lever while getting into the car or getting down. Try changing the posture of how you get down from car.
    I have replaced the mechanism 3 times and lever 2 times still it moves down especially after GC kit installation.