1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Warranty on spares

Just got my rear shockers changed at Om Sai motors, Mumbai.On first appearance the shockers replaced seemed old then got them changed again with new one, cheats.The TASS told me since now the contract with Fiat in Mumbai is being terminated from 31-3-2013 the parts warranty (shockers) of one year or KMs will now be given by new service centers setup be the Fiat i.e, Balaji Motors in Mumbai and Thane.

Kindly let me know what is the warranty on Shockers and whether the exclusive SC with honor the warranty.
  2. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    What should i check before a Long drive ?

Next week we are going to Kerala(from Bangalore).It may be 470 KM+470 KM journey and My punto don't have any medical check up after the 2nd service in Aug 2012.Do i need to take her for any pre-medical check up before .Please Advice ?.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Uneven ride quality

Hi All,

Need some advice. As far as i know Punto has one of the best ride quality in its class, but for some time i am facing this wired problem. On uneven roads at a speed around 60- 90 KM/H all the road irregularities are getting inside. literally car will go up and down or left and right. I thought it may be due to the worn out tyres. But even in our 7 year old Alto with almost bald tyres has better ride quality in the same road. it seems like the suspension got stiff. Please let me what will be the possible issue. The Odo stands at 32K.

Mods please merge this if there is already an existing thread.

Thanks in advance
    Vishnu
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    your tyre pressure could be on higher side. check and keep the pressure around 29. If problem still persists then it could be something to do with suspensions
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vishnu as Shams suggested check the tire pressure 1st & that too from a different place than the one you visit regularly. Are you running on JK tornadoes ? If yes then a worn out JK could be suspected most.
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Tyre pressure is now at 28. I even lowered to 26. Tyres are Bridgestone B250.

Can this be due to workout suspension bushes??
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Rear dead axle cost Rs 8700 . how did u pay 25000 strange.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its weird to explain and make the SA understand the exact problem with the car and i don't think FIAT is a new entrant in the automobile market its been there for decades and Linea and Punto are not new models to explore things. Its Sad that they don't even maintain a solution database to refer to the issues and resolve them like other ASS do. The warranty + Extended warranty should last for 1 lakh kilometers or so and what parts are covered under warranty. This query was posted long back in the forum for what all is covered under warranty and what not. can anyone put light on this area please..
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    hey this is due to tires , actually I also faced the same thing with GT3 tires . With time these tires develop a deformation which leads to wobbling on uneven roads . Claim to Bridgestone for the tire issue .

PS : I got my 2 GT3 tires replaced owing to this issue .