1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My vehicle is ready. going to take delivery today evening.
    2 people like this.
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to hear that,,, wish u good luck ..
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    solved: engine oil mixing with coolant

As i told you guys that i will be going to take delivery of my vehicle on monday evening. I went there at about 04:30 pm and saw that the technicians were flushing the system. They said that they have been flushing the system since morning and the system is not getting clear. I became skeptical that they have not solved the problem as when they start the engine blackish material is observed in the coolant reservoir. I got very frustrated and i was waiting till 08:30 pm in the workshop. I got the engine oil replaced but they used castor professional and not selenia:eek:. I insisted for selenia but since it was late in the evening the store was closed. Finally we did a test drive. We could not observe the color in the coolant reservoir after returning from the test drive as the lights were not sufficient in the garage and also the coolant was hot.

So, i told the people in the workshop that i will come back again in the morning. Yesterday morning i went to the workshop and found that the guys were using engine flush (i dont remeber the name......:mrgreen:). Finally at around 03:30 pm the service adviser said that the vehicle is ready. I went for a test drive and inspected the coolant reservoir on coming back and found a layer of blackish oil on the top of the coolant. The technician told that only the residual material is coming and there is no leak. He seemed to be correct as the coolant was clear and only a layer of oil is found. He again flushed the reservoir and filled with praflu and the vehicle was released. The dent in my pocket was Rs. 6153/-

I had to travel around 90 kms to reach my home. In the midway i stopped and checked the reservoir and again found two layers. Bottom clear layer of coolant and top blackish material. I will be replacing the coolant afterwards. Also i will soon post the parts that has been changed.

When i came to office a friend off mine told that i am looking very happy today :-D. why not??
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice to hear that your problem solved :)

Take him for a ride and explain him the properties of fluids used in your car :D
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i am frustrated with the smell every time i start the car in the mornings or in cold start situations... not a single day i have noticed with out smell.
    I asked mechanic he said to do not start the car right away.. Wait for a while and Toggle ignition on-off and then start.
    But it didnt gave me proper result. Anyway i guess we have to live with the SMELL :(
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    If its a burning smell which lasts only few seconds at start then it can be ignored, i always make it a practice to open the windows for fresh air to come in and gases to go out, use a good perfume to keep good fragrance inside the car.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Observed the coolant reservoir today morning. There was no indication of coolant and oil mixing except for some residual oil that might have been present in the system. But observed that the coolant level was very low. Topped it up with water from RO water purifier as level was very low and i have no distilled water with me. Will observe today and if the level drops again will take up the issue with TASC. Planning to buy distilled water by today evening.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    After being witnessed all the treatment i was asked to rate 10/10 for the impeccable service provided, no one's bothered to call me back for the brake pads which was pending in their job card. After calling few times and getting reply of no stock in spite of crosschecking availability at spares as i rated 9 and not 10, finally visited KHT and got the brake pads fitted and running in normal.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It's rather surprising that it's a news to many of you.

If you'd have gone through the "Terms & Conditions" in the Job slip they handover while giving the car for service, these points are clearly captured. When we receive the job slip copy we sign under a declaration which reads "I understand that the vehicle is stored and repaired at my risk".
    I don't think it's just Prerana Motors who does that. Any automobile (2 wheelers/ 4 wheelers) service center adds these clauses for shielding themselves from "less arguing" customers or those who shy away from asking questions. Anybody who takes the issue strongly and fights against them will be satisfied with proper repair.

I don't think it's anything to do with the legal system. It's the attitude of majority of the people who don't question the service centers encourages them to use these clauses and cheat customers. If each and everyone of us questioned these service stations about these illogical clauses, they'll remove them and subsequently handle our vehicles with proper care. All of us give the car to the service station with the blind belief that they won't mishandle it. Your car's safety depends on your luck :uh

It's very bad that many of us sign papers without even reading what is written in that. Please please ask questions and correct anything that is wrongly captured.

@Surya: It doesn't make sense for you to pay for the damages which are not captured in the job slip. Also, you should have been careful while the service adviser works on marking the scratches and dents in the job slip. Please escalate the issue to FIAT. Local escalations hardly help. Also, you may write to FIAT asking them for the justification behind these nonsense "Terms & Conditions" used by service stations. Good luck.

Do post your service experience to the service center reviews thread. Ranganath of Prerana motors checks this thread regularly.

:eek:fftopic
    When I gave my Yamaha bike for a service, the service adviser asked me to sign the Free service coupon at the time of leaving the vehicle for service. The service coupon reads "Service is done to my satisfaction". I asked him how could they expect me to sign it when they haven't even done the service. He smiled and said, "we generally take it before service and no one questioned us". I refused immediately and said will sign upon completion of service only. Ironically they don't allow me to stand next to my vehicle while they service it. You know the reason, they don't want us to see the way they ill-treat our vehicle. It was paining like hell to see from a glass room when the mechanic was pouring brake fluid all over the handle bar and fuel tank. I was literally running inside the service area to rescue my vehicle.
    After all, I had to sign the job slip which reads "While all reasonable care is taken, vehicle will be repaired at owner's risk. Owner is responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle while it is under repair or testing".
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Running fine and the coolant level is stable. When i first topped the water i found that the cap was not tightly fitted. So that might be the reason for coolant level drop as water can evaporate.