1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one small bottle for one full tank diesel.... once in 10k kms is enough !!
    ajuvignesh used it in his punto when his mileage, pick up etc dropped after filling adulterated diesel from a pump, it was back to normal after that. i used in petrol engine and change was totally great !!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why do other people like Gurjinder hesitant to use it? some have even expressed concern that these may be damaging.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    because it is nowhere mentioned in the FIAT manual to use it,rather metioned not to use any additives.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Its like some people have tea with sugar and some like it plain. Nevertheless both enjoy it, but I would say, the one having with sugar has added a bit of toxin in the tea :)

Abdul
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I don't suggest using it because i am myself not convinced about the efficiency of such products. They may work or may not - i don't know.

Cheers.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Whatever product you use, use it carefully. Injectors on multijet cost a bomb :)
  7. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys pls stop using additives even the STP one's. STP additives are for common rail motors but in our case it is multijet which is an advancement of common rail motor. It shows no harm in the beginning but at a later stage the engine gets addicted to additives and may even blow up. Request all of TFIANS not to take any risk on the engines.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sounds like a gross misunderstanding.

Basically, Multijet is nothing but a fancy moniker for FIAT's common rail diesel engine just like Toyota's D4D, Mitsubishi's DID and so on.

I know some misinformed people are spreading the concept that only Multijet has multiple injections in one cycle. Which is completely wrong. All common rail engines have multiple injections. There is no common rail engine in the world today which relies on one injection per cycle.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

There is nothing such as addicted etc etc when it comes to engine. The strong cleaning additives might corrode the precision seals in the injectors or the tip of the pins etc and so not recommeneded.
    But if there is any proven additive it can be used. I have yet to come across such additive.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    [SUP][/SUP]@ Italialinea

I enquired at Sai Service Pune ASS of MSIL.
    They said that they put System-D compulsory in each DDiS which comes there for regular service.
    Means every DDiS being served at Sai service get dose of one full bottle of System-D at each 10000km.

One full bottle of System-D at each 10000 km seems overdose.
    What you say?
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013