1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: about stepney....

Sorry buddy, but that is a truckload of you know what. When the spare Tyre is of the same size as the other ones, there is absolutely no difference between the tyres.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ +100

There are 2 scenarios -

1. The spare tyre is the same size as running tyres, but mounted on steel rims. In this case, the spare behaves exactly the same as the remaining four. There will be no difference and these tyres can be run extensively, with any restrictions on speed. The rim is definitely cost cutting. True an extra 10 K will not make a major difference to a person buying a 7.5 L car, but competitive pricing is critical for market sustainability. The manufacturer can however provide an option to the buyer at an extra cost, but the culture of allowing the buyer to customize their cars has not yet caught on in India.

2. The spare provided is of a different size - typically thinner tyres, with a higher profile, usually of a lesser diameter rim. These spares can only be used to help get you to the nearest place where your damaged running tyre can be repaired / replaced. Such spares usually have a speed restricition (80 kmph, in case of our own Punto 90 HP Sport). Since these tyres are different from the other three, they will adversely affect the driving dynamics of the car.

Of course there is a thrid scenario, where the spare is full sized and mounted on alloy. In this case, this entire discussion is not applicable.

Rajan
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    10k matters a lot when pricing a car in the category. If the car is 10 or 20k cheaper than the competition then it could do wonders for the company selling them.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I experienced the same when my PT cruiser's tyre got flattened & when I replaced it with the spared tyre. I instantly called the roadside assistance & they mentioned that the spear tyre is thinner than other four tyres & need to use for reaching nearest tyre shop with min highway speed. Don't know the exact speed.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got reply from partshelpindia@fiapl.com :dancing:dancing:clapping

"Dear Sir,

Required parts dispatching today to TML, pls find details

Net. Urgent Invoice 0904069059 / 40

Thanks & Regards,
    Maharth pathak
    +919765490011
    +91 2135 618313 "
    3 people like this.
  6. It's not just the alloys, the car companies cut costs at many places too, I believe. All those small amounts make up a big difference when added up.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So there is absolutely no consensus if Injector Cleaning fluids are/can be used in Fiats? This sucks big time as ALL other forums use it on almost all brands of Cars. I don't think Fiats are designed any differently.
    What about Fuel additives sold by 3M and a few other brands? I think these are very much required in India if not other Countries as our fuel is adulterated and there is dust everywhere.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    STP's diesel additive is good !!! you can notice change immediately !!
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    varun,
    have you used it ? how frequently we should use this additive ?