1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I had called Prerana motors for break pads for my Palio. They did not have stock. They said they have 2 sets, both reserved already for some customers who had booked it last week. Is Punto and Palio Stil brake pads same?
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I spoke to Prerana, KHT, Aadya, Concorde no where spares are available as Ravi told, the Concorde guy told only three were available which was fixed and one more is standing at SC for pads, he told backorder was done so no new pads waiting for the same..
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    TVS Girling. :)

The set for the Palio D costs 700-750 Rs. and lasts quite a while. Braking is good and dust is minimal.

TVS Girling was OEM supplier to FIAT during the Palio days.

- - - Merged Post - - -

You are knocking on the wrong doors mate.

Check out any spare parts shop for Palio pads.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    @varin11 , yeah you were right , humming noise is due to compressor . Now the procedure explained to me is that 1 day will be needed for Extended warranty approval and 2 more days to repair the compressor as it has to be sent to some company . But I do not have Extended warranty booklet , Can I get my Extended warranty receipt number from TATA database ?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    This kind of service is dealer specific and only if the dealer is worried about its reputation and relation with the manufacturer. Such incidence are common in Hyundai and i have heard this in Chevrolet and Ford also, they denying the liability.Before giving the car get the starches etc recorded on the job card and check it properly as most people tend to ignore it.

Recently a VW advisor banged into my Linea while he was on the test drive, the VW SC got my Linea repaired for free including painting.

Fight for it and as u dont get such things easily.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Liability of Damage or Loss to Vehicle property by ASS

OT: linea in vw sc :s
  8. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    car costs 7.5L...but an alloy wheel costs only 10k...which can b added in the bill, during purchasing the car...will that 10k makes any huge difference in buying a car for 7.5L
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Normally the spear tyre is not of same shape like other four tyres. The grip is lesser than the regular one. Thats why the alloy is not used. Also the reason behind that the spear tyre needs to be used till the nearest gas or tyre station. Not extensive highway run.

But in India the spear tyre is as same as the regular one. :) As we can use the spear tyre anytime anywhere without any restrictions.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi are you sure ? i thought its a cost cutting :D