1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Engine oil and coolant mixed

A little background about my problem. I went on a long drive from paradeep, odisha to chennai and back in january. The next day after reaching paradip, I saw some black colour “oil” under the bonnet. On opening the bonnet i found that the coolant has overflowed from the reservoir. But seeing the colour of the material i realised it was not the coolant. So, i opened the cap of the coolant reservoir and found that it is entirely filled with black colour material. Also, the next day when i did some sharp turns at considerable speed (>30 KMPH), the following message appeared in the Multi-function display-“Insufficient Oil pressure turn and stop the engine”. I immediately stopped the engine and checked for the oil level and found it was not low but the colour was the same as that found in the coolant reservoir. I called the service centre (ACE AUTOCARS PVT LTD) and told about the problem. They advised me to bring the car to the workshop for checking. The next day (02/02/2013) I took the car to the workshop which was around 140 kms away from my place. During that drive i never noticed any error message nor any warning lights. Everything was normal.

In the service centre, after initial checking they said that the oil cooler has to be changed and it is the reason for the oil mixing with the coolant. They said that the part is not available with them and it will take some 10 days. As there was no other option i left the car in the workshop. Again on 13/02/2013 I contacted the workshop to get a feedback. They said the parts have arrived and they are working on my car and after that the whole system (engine oil and coolant) would be flushed and the car would be handed over to me. Later in the evening the service advisor said that there is some other problem and four more parts need to be replaced. I don’t know how new issues which were not present earlier came out. I could not go to the workshop due to some busy work schedule and I was following up on telephone only. Again, the NOPARTSAVAILABLE monster showed his face with a wide grin. This time all the four parts had to be ordered and another 10 days time was asked from me.

Now on 26/02/2013, enroute an official trip I visited the workshop and had a look at my car. Now the service advisor told that out of four parts, three has arrived and one part, i.e the “Accelerator pedal sensor” is not available anywhere in india, not even in pune manufacturing plant!!!! He assured that the matter has been escalated to his superior and every step is being done for the arrangement of the above said part. He asked time for one more week. Now today, 05/03/2013 when I called the service advisor, he said that the part is still not available and he handed over the phone to some workshop manager who again asked time for one more week.

Mailed to some contacts using the important contact list. Lets hope that they will resolve the issue.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Sorry to hear that mate.

What i am not able to understand is why do they need the "Accelerator pedal sensor" which is not a separate sensor but infact the complete accelerator pedal assembly. If you drove the car to them, that means it would've been fine when you gave them the car.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    related to spare parts one can expect anything from FIAT.i too faced this spare part issue(Rh SHock-abs) in the FIAT's exclusive service center pune.
    Finally they bought it from TASS Pandit Pune :D .
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Am also held up with the break pad replacement issue with no stock at TASS, It looks like FASS is still not ready for the operations and TASS have stopped getting spares for the FIAT vehicles, still in migration phase the idea is too daunting for the end users like us..

Grande Punto 1.3
    In Hyderabad, Concorde Motors and Tejaswi Motors doesn't have brake pads in stock... They don't even know when the parts would be arriving :confused:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. bna

bna Novizio

I got mine replaced at Prerana motors kudlu gate(Now Vecto Motors). For Banglore folks you can check with Prerana
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

All of you who are currently facing brake pad stock issues with your service centres, I would suggest you contact Kava motors, Mumbai, at least when you reach crunch situation. Chennai has a similar spare part shop. I am not worried at all. Dont put your car in the garage for want of spares. Most spares are available at these shops. Even if they dont have it, they will organize it faster than TASS.

9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    ^^ RDC don't have stock of Brake Pads? If so, that is not a good way to start. Pads are very basic spare which should always be available.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    With the existing TASS closing shop for FIAT on March 31st, when are the newly open ones planning to procure the bare minimum parts at least?
    Brake pads out of stock at KHT is a shocker. If Concorde Bangalore doen't have the parts, that understandable because they are not going to service FIATs after March 31.