1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

These FE figures are amazing, it gives more confidence to consider TJet :)

Yesterday i spotted one BRAND NEW TW Linea near Hassan, could not make out was it a TJet or a NA / 1.3. This was between 1 - 2 PM
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: T-Jet mileage - Unimpressed - Impressive figures pg 3 &

Sure guys, ill check the consistancy with the RPM and keep u updated , the Jet has been sleeping for a day now, its resting and recharging itself.

This change in FE , as i mentioned in my other thread, has occured since ive caome back from a 1200 km trip in rajasthan, before that i was getting around 10 as well. Fingers crossed.

Ill post the details of the RPM soon.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

One thing i would like to ask you guys, The "RANGE" shown by the system, does it include(i.e. is the range based on) the full 45 lts or does it exclude the last 5-7 ltr of reserve fuel. ??
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

It includes all 45 ltrs.
    Range displays ------------- when the range is less than 50 km.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

oh, alrite. Thats what i was thinkin as well. The "Range" shown on my display for the last tank full was 727 Kms and i was wondering if that includes the last 5 ltrs. So 727/45 = 16.15 . So the FE is showing correct values. :up
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    First encounter with a Problem in my GP

After running trouble-free for 9600+ km, my GP met with its first Problem. It was the first day of this year and me and my friends decided to go on long drive. We decided to go to Tansa - @ 60km away from Thane. Its a Dam with some awesome greenery around. The road there is single, curvy and 'almost ok'.

It happened on our return journey, near Atgaon Railway station. My friend was on the wheels and on one turn suddenly the car got halted, it was running alright but was not moving ahead. He complained that the clutch is got stuck in. Initially we thought it may not be a big problem. But after some time we realised we are stuck up. I called TASC nos - Including couple of service advisors I know in Fortune Thane. But phones were either ringing or switched off due to New Year holiday. I tried Pioneeraaron too, he gave me SA Galaxy's no. But he too didn't responded ( although I got a call from him after an hour or so). Finally we called up a friend in nearby town - Shahapur, he picked up a local mechanic and came to our rescue. The guy did the initial check up and found that - the clutch lever - made of some 'cheap quality plastic' has broken. He told that we have to take the vehicle to his garage. Neither of us were so experienced to drive a vehicle without clutch. So the mechanic decided to take my GP to his garage. I literally jumped in to the moving vehicle as he told that the vehicle can be 'jump start' only.

At the garage he found that the lever is not available with any of the local shop so decided to do some 'jugad'. He arranged some piece of steel rod with some lathe machine work to fit in to the place. So after almost 3 Hours and paying 650 bucks we hit NH3 back home. He assured that there won't be any problem. But soon my friend found that its getting almost impossible to change the gear. We again called up the mechanic, he told us we need to 'pump' the clutch few times then it will become free. The 'tip' was helpful and we came back without any further problem. We shown my GP to our regular mechanic, he advised to change the Clutch Cylinder immediately.

But this incidence has shocked me and lots of question have raised in my mind.
    1. Why the Clutch lever should break so early? (14 months old car / < 10k km )
    2. If Fiat is admired for its ruggedness then why they have used the liver with such cheap quality plastic?
    3. Is it the fault of a driving style?
    4. Although I didn't tried Road Side Assistance Nos but what do other owners do when they failed to get through TASC service center Nos and stuck up some where in a remote place?
    5. Is it the right thing to do such 'jugad'?
    6. Does the Clutch Cylinder Assembly will be covered under warranty? And if not what is the cost?
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Re: First encounter with a Problem in my GP

Call up RSA no . Thats the first thing to do. They will followup with the TASC guys and will get the thing done. Dont go for jugaad
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes any issue should be reported to RSA and they will arrange all the things required.

Did you get changed your clutch slave cylinder? Let the TASC should find the exact reason, I think any fault should be covered under warranty.
    And this is not common problem, so try to find why it happend.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

hey nitin,

1.This is a known problem for all new generation FIAT cars.
    2.If u had opted for RSA while ur purchase then escalate the issue to FIAT and screw up TATA for not helping u out.
    3.The work wud be covered under warranty.
    4.Jugad was a temporary job done by the mechanic which u shud appreciate cuz u cud reach home ::D
    5.Give ur car to fortune sakinaka they wud replace with a new modified CSC which no other service center wud do at the time being.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    First encounter with a Problem in my GP

I experienced RSA on new year's eve and was disappointed. We were heading to a party and stopped at a place for dinner, my car's driver side door refused to lock.

Called up RSA and informed gave all the information. He told the vehicle has to towed as the vehicle isn't in a drivable condition. I tell him send me a technician who can fix this as I'm stranded of no where. He says that it's against their policy to fix the vehicles at road side. I quoted someone's incident where they had the CSC changed in roadside, he wouldn't budge. Finally gave up after some nonsense talk and was handed over the service manager & showroom head's number. Called up the service manager - a lady who said everyone has left for home and told she can arrange someone to attend the fault, felt nice. But never did I knew all that was hog wash, she promised a call back which never happened. Future calls weren't picked up inspite of her phone being busy, so much for ranking no.2 eh?

Called the showroom manager as I was pissed off and he told that since you're near ECR Concorde why don't you get someone from there - to which I agreed. He said he will inform the service guy and they will call me back and you guys would have guessed it now there was never a call. So I decided why not drive down ECR Concorde - drove down and found everyone left for the day. By now the smart showroom manager had switched off the phone The security person gave me the breakdown person's number who said all sorts of nonsense not to come and attend the call. One being he needed a door service technician - Lol; I hung up as couldn't handle this anymore.

Drove down to a local mechanic shop and found that the clip holding the cable had given off. He fixed it in a jiffy and charged 50 Rs. Great that it got fixed but I lost a total of 2 hours. Not a great way to start a new year.

I do agree that it can be same across the board in India; the customer service sucks in India. We pay only not to be treated well. Now all is pending a visit to VST to shove something inside their throats. Tata motors simply doesn't know how to handle customers, all they can do is sell those ace trucks