1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Surya,

Don't bring your car back until things are put in back by ASS.Pls escalate it to Fiat officials and let this ASS face some heat.Same happened with me,front left door glass and ovrm was broken in my case.After some heated arguments with the GM of the workshop i got all this fixed in a jiffy and drove my car happily and then never ever been to that ASS there after.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

They have the haughtiness to tell you - you will be charged? Please tell us which ASS did this.

EDIT: Saw the mention of Prerana wrt brake pads. Were the damages caused therel?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Its same old story with all the service centers

If they say " Even It was broken earlier " its their DUTY to notify the owner
    ELSE, it would be their mistake and responsibility to get it repaired at their cost
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

When the mechanic brushed my bumper onto another car by mistake they painted my full bumper. not only this with the remaining paint they painted my rear bumper scratches too.

Its a total nonsense that its owners liability. Even carnation has mentioned on their job card that they are not responsible for damages to cars in their custody. This is criminal i must say.

Speak to Fiat, call the police or else tell them that i will drive out banging as many cars i can and break all the glasses in the showroom too. And then tell them its their responsiility when car is in customers hands.

These kind of stupidity should be dealt with legal action seriously.
    2 people like this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Shant gadadhari Bhim Shant ...

Generally, the workshop does make things good if its gone bad at there end. But they play safe by placing the board that they are not liable for any damages at workshop. Drop a mail to FIAT service team and things should resolve.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

This way of handling the cars under their shed is really sick and blood boiling.
    Recently my car was with Pandit Auto in Pune for three days. At the time of delivery saw a rather big scratch on the car. They immediately acknowledged their fault and gave me in writing that I could get it painted from their new service station (FASS) within 15 days free of cost. Sad part is it seems to be a routine for them. Although I had taken pictures of the car covering all exteral areas before gvining it to them, it was not needed as they readily ackonowldged their fault.
    As otehrs said, have it in written from them either on paper or email as a proof.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This attitude is appalling. Most service centres have a disclaimer printed on the job card, absolving them all responsibility, in case of any damages during the service. However, most times they do own up and offer to fix the damages. What defies logic to me is why do they insist on handling our cars with such callousness?

8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you want us to rename the thread as "Prerana Motors damages my car during service" ?

Then send this link to GM of Prerana and FIAT.
    3 people like this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Actually i am totally against them writing " We are not responsible for any damage to customers cars" and taking a signature of the customer on such a job card.
    The legal system in our country is so hollow that one easily takes the customer for ride.
    2 people like this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    during my Santro days i remember a Brand new I20 crushed badly because of negligence during transit inside the ASS compound which was bluntly rejected and asked to claim for insurance, there are threads discussed on this issue in T-*HP also, i could see the writeup every where in big letters at ASS of other brands too, i doub't if its by law.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013