1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Really may not be so alarming like how TASS puts it and I suggest you have a look at it personally. Brake pads will not go away just like that. You can drive at sedate speeds of upto 90 kph, plan your braking,use gears to reduce speeds. If you can reach chennai, you can call me. I have a set of brake pads that can still do another 5K kms. You can have that fixed and then take up the matter with FIAT :)

Another lesson to be learnt : Dont throw away your spares, especially brake pads. Keep it for a rainy day.

Abdul
    6 people like this.
  2. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Anantashu,

I concur with Jumu.

I suppose whatever the SA told you may not be the absolute truth.

I say this because, the TASS SA insisted on changing my Punto's brake pads during the 2nd service at 15,000kms. I resisted it since the braking was still super-awesome and the pads still looked in good shape.
    I got it changed during my 3rd service at 28,000kms since the braking had reduced marginally.

I opine that you can go to Chennai and check there, if required. However, sedate driving would reduce the braking required.
    1 person likes this.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: No Breakpad available Bangalore-chennai, Is Fiat serious-- Precautions.

You made a mistake by contacting the TASS people. They have stopped procuring spares inventory for Fiat months back and they were busy disposing whatever was left. Please try contacting any FASS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks Jumu, I am right now in chennai, (have my father's surgery on Monday) will wait till wednesday, if still I dont get them, for sure will contact you...and thank you so much for extending your help.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi DIV3R,

Do you have any contact for FASS.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Yeah, FASS RDC chennai has the brake pads in stock and you may speak to Mr.Tensingh on his mobile 08939910991. I have told him your case and he promised to take care.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  6. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Can you please give me more details about the FASS RDS (i.e full name / address?). My 15K free service is approaching and I need to change my Brake pads.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I have given the number of the chief SA. you can call him and get more details or check a thread in this forum specifically dealing with Chennai exclusive fiat dealer RDC.

Abdul
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Most of the important parts are available with RDC in chennai. You can have a word with Tensingh to get them sorted out. Yesterday there were 3 punto's that came in for brake pad replacement when i went to RDC for coolant top up.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Liability of Damage or Loss to Vehicle property by ASS

As per the second service schedule i took my punto vehicle to the ASS for the Second scheduled free service, when i visited back to take the delivery of the vehicle i could notice :

1. There was a dent on the driver side door.
    2. Deep Scratches on the left hand side of the door.
    3. Front right side Mud flaps were torn/broken.
    4. Front right side Wheel arch protection cover above tyre was broken.
    5. Rear Fog lamp was damaged. :confused:

When i spotted this and asked for explanation from SA it was straight forward denied and told it was already there, i crosschecked again and then i went inside and called the mechanic and asked him he told it got broken by mistake he can fix it with new but it will be charged. Then the SA told they can't fix it here and have no spares with them available, i got frustrated and wanted to speak to the Service manager a little after waiting the SA acknowledged and told will get this fixed but at my own cost.

According to them as per terms and conditions ASS is nowhere responsible for the damage that may be caused during the jobs carried out at the ASS and its the sole responsibility of the owner and its at owners risk.

So guys my question is if there is a damage to the car either internal or external what ever may be the extent of the damage is ASS liable to pay the damages or the owner please put light on this area.. :anyone

Note: Guys i searched for this content and couldn't find so creating a thread, request to merge or move this to appropriate thread
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which service center was it?
    It is non-sense that they can break anything and no responsibility on them.