1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Engine noise

Hi All ,

My car is due for service (60k kms) , I am getting a humming sound from engine , had a discussion with TASS and they told me that the source of sound is either alternator or idler . My car has been 2.5 years old , currently running on extended warranty , so is it possible for me to claim warranty for alternator and idler ?

Thanks
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I really don't think so, extended warranty is on only critical engine components, we need to check in the extended warranty list if those parts are covered.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Alternator and idler both r covered in EW. Humming sound can also be from compressor or may be fuel pump.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Actually during the discussion , service advisor was himself confused so I suspect it should be coming under extended warranty , will meet OP Sharma next week probably and will update here the exact source of sound . Wish that alternator comes under EW because the service advisor quoted 12000 for the alternator which can be very heavy to the pocket .
  5. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Bangalore
    No Brakepad available Bangalore-chennai, Is Fiat serious-- Precautions.

Hi,
    I have to travel tomorrow early morning to Chennai for immediate medical reason, I went to KHT for rear window motor, which was out of stock. I asked my adviser to have a look at disk (had accident last to last week and I learnt that they have not crossed checked disk), he told me that my break pads are wearing out and they should be replaced asap, but they are not in stock (as per him I can still drive 500-600 Kms), then I contacted prerana, concord (both Bangalore and Chennai) for breakpad, but everybody said same that part is not available.

Now, question is , why parts like break pad is not available, this part is essential for safety. Its not available anywhere in Bangalore and Chennai. Does anybody at Fiat knows this? Isn't Fiat repeating the same mistake, they did in around UNO time-frame. This kind of incidence demotivates buyers to go for Fiat.

Well, I need help here. Since, my travel to Chennai is must, what precautions should I take ( I am breaking fine till now, haven't observed any abnormalities) to minimize break pad degradation, considering I wont get parts next week as well. You inputs are valuable.

Anant
    1 person likes this.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Anantashu,

my advice don't drive much your till you have new set of brake pads.I myself had a horrendous experience with the worn out brake pads. Plz check with other TASS in Bangalore am sure some or the other TASS might have it in stock.
  7. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    sad to hear that:sad1
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Too bad, definitely this must be a major concern and QS to Mr. Atanasio or Bhatia during tomorrows Vecto/Ebony inauguration.
    Sorry about your issue btw. I would request you to send a Email to Ravi (Mod) about the QS to be asked tomorrow on this.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Bangalore
    I have asked each TASS in Bangalore and Chennai. One Naive question, how to know when to stop driving, does looseness in breaking observed when breakpads are not usable?

- - - Merged Post - - -

sure, will mail Ravi
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Slight screeching sound form brakes,Wobbly steering when brakes are applied, loosen brakes could be the the symptoms for the worn out brake pads.Car driven with such brake pads will cause damage to the Disc.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.